1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kubiak and Wade Phillips are 7-0 and Rick Smith is.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets5, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Kubiak doesn't pick the groceries in Denver. That is how it should be here. Coaches coach and GM's build the team.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

But if your GM builds a bad team he should be replaced.

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Kubiak took 5 years to figure out that the team needed a competent defensive coordinator. Actually he never figured that out, since the owner hired the defensive coordinator.

4. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

Let's hope not.:(

5. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

You would think so.

6. deb4rockets5

deb4rockets5 Member

This post was originated to finish the sentence with some wit. Be creative.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So, why do you continue to post here about them? I don't understand this. Either you're a fan or you're not. Hating this ****ing franchise would be a sign that you are not. Why take time out of your life to be so concerned about something you f***ing hate? That's just strange to me.

I'm waiting for a thread in the Astros forum about Terry Collins being in the World Series. Kubiak and Phillips inherited a MUCH better team than what they had here in Houston. All it's showing is that they haven't been able to screw things up having one of, if not the best defense in the league and one of, if not the best quarterback in the history of the game. What those 2 coaches did in that traveshamockery of a 2013 season was well beyond a fire-able offense in the NFL. They were simply horrible with roughly the same team that went 12-4 the season before. There was NO ONE saying, "You know, we should keep them."

If they start a season 7-0 with Brock Osweiler, then you can b****.

8. conquistador#11

i'm not sure that's true. they, kubes and wade, still pick their players for their schemes. it's why kubiak brought wade, dennison& kollar in . I bet if we cut graham tomorrow, he lands in Denver, which is what we have here.

I'm happy for that staff. their qb died here and the owner wanted ed reed, plus the lost of cushing to injury equaled a massive meltdown of biblical proportions.

I definitely miss wade soundbytes, and that ihop menu looks delicious now when you look at some of the screens we run.:(

Don't worry though, we'll finally draft qb next year. I think. maybe. :(

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

tied for first place in the AFC South. F Kubiak.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Kubiak's offense really hasn't worked very well. Peyton doesn't work that well under center. They are doing better without him under center. I think Wade deserves a lot of credit for the defense. He always turnaround the defense the first year he is there.

11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I don't know what the problem is we are nipping at the Colts heels on the division championship....come on peeps. Glass half full!

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kubiak doesn't really do anything in Denver. He tried controlling the offense and Denver stunk it up. Eventually he allowed Peyton to take the reigns again and they performed a bit better. I don't doubt they worked on some things during the bye week, but going forward this offense still largely depends on Manning.

Wade Phillips though is legit. That defense is also loaded with talent.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Kubiak and Wade Phillips are 7-0 and Rick Smith is....., sucking a bag of dicks.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I know a lot of People around here don't want to give Kubiak for anything, because they were the people crying for him to be fired when he was in Houston. But, the fact is, is that Kubiak has had a lot of success everywhere he's gone. QB coach in San Francisco. Offensive coordinator in Denver. Only coach in Texans history to take the Texans to the playoffs. Success as Ravens offensive coordinator. And now he's doing well in Denver as head coach. You can't argue with the success he's had.

What fans need to remember is that any coach can look bad if a team lacks talent, or if injuries pile up.

15. conquistador#11

so he gets credit for bringing in frank bush but no credit when he brings in wade in denver? he's adjusted the offense to a pistol, which he started experimenting in the 2013 off season and the runs are zone based. it takes 3 seasons to fully get that cohesiveness in that style, but it was progress last night.

like phil jackson would say, give him some f'ing credit. and of course it's always going to come down to the qb making good decisions and moving the chains.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

geesh...

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all cry about Kubiak, now you want him. Y'all cry about Mallett needing to start, now he sucks. Y'all want Tate to start over Foster, now Tate is out of the league. Y'all want Keenum to start, now he's a backup for a mediocre QB. Y'all love BOB because he does pushups, now y'all hate him.

NFL fan is the worst fan.

1 person likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans had been able to keep Wade Phillips this season looks entirely different even with the disastrous QB situation that Bill O'Brien got us into.

19. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Please someone that is going to the next home game create a sign with this thread title. That would be great. Thanks.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL repped.

Add that to
    hate Mercilus, love Mercilus
    love Kareem, hate Kareem
    love the draft, hate the draft