1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KT is at it AGAIN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FranchiseBoi86, Oct 16, 2001.

1. FranchiseBoi86

KT beat 2 of the best big men in one day. He SCHOOLED :eek: RASHEED WALLACE AND SHAWN KEMP. Both are great players but KT managed to beat them badly. KT beat another great big man in Ben Wallace 2 days ago, now hes at it again. KT IS Most Improved Player candidate for 2001-2002 season. And I now officially hate GSW for taking MJAX away from us.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sean Kemp one of the bes... ah forget it.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I know Juan Valdez will jump on me again for bashing Kenny, but while Rasheed was in there , he gave up 11first half points and was scoreless at the half. Until Rasheed went out, he was scoreless. Since when did fat boy kemp and ben wallace become great?

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

KT also blew past Ruben Patterson on one of the last plays of the game. I was expecting Patterson to be much quicker than KT but no.............

5. FranchiseBoi86

He used to be and hes working his way to get better

6. B

B Contributing Member

How many points did KT score? I watched the game and Bill said that he scored 25, but several web sites have him listed at 18. I can't find a box score, cause I'd like to see what his shooting percentage was. Either way, it was a great second half by Kenny.

B

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What an awesome game by KT. He lost a lot of weight, and I was concerned that he wouldn't be able to hold the bigger PFs in his new slim body. But apparently KT has not lost any strength, and has gained a boatload of quickness, because he looked almost like Cat out there with his first step. He was blowing past every defender they stuck on him. I must also praise KT's passing skills. I don't know if those are improved as well, but he made some excellent passes tonight to add to his wonderful performance, and I wanted to point that out.

Sorry, Marc Jackson! We don't need you! We have KT!

8. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If yall say so :rolleyes:

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kenny may have had a little difficulty on Wallace in the first half, but at least 1/2 to 3/4 of Wallace's points came on long jumpers in the first half, most of which Kenny defended well. Wallace just has long range, and he is a difficult PF to defend. Still, holding Wallace to 11 points at the half is nothing to scoff at. And Wallace DID play in the 2nd half, most of which had Kenny defending him well. Give Kenny credit where credit is due. While you may not think this is a new KT who will be the PF we need this season with Mo out, at least admit that he had a great game tonight.

10. DaneB

DaneB Member

Shawn Kemp is a stupid ass drug addict that could pose for the Pillsbury Doughboy...only difference is hes Black.

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Ah, the intelligence is just spilling out of this post. :rolleyes:

12. BTM

BTM Member

KT's a backup at best. This is preseason.

13. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I haven't been able to see much of the games, but the impression I'm getting from people's posts is that KT has been enjoying being a go-to option, and been performing well with quick drives to the basket and the ability to pass out and set up others and actually create. My question is how diverse is his 'go-to' repertoire, if you will? Can he keep this up or will defenses quickly figure him out? Welcome everyone's thoughts, but particularly Crispee's. Regardless, it's exciting to see him do well in our badly depleted frontcourt (it's amazing how negative the outlook for our frontcourt has become with the loss of Jackson).

14. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

The best improvement I have noticed on KT's game is his passing. Unlike last year, when he would do the drop step or the 360, and put up the shot, he is looking for his teammates a lot more. Seems like he is really looking for his teammates once he takes that quick first step. That pass he gave to Rice for the 3 was impressive.:)

15. Flying_4_ever

Flying_4_ever Member

Um.. yeah we do say say...

16. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Kenny has gotten better than last year. But its pre season, players are not really trying. Kenny couldnt keep up with Kemp and Wallace when they went inside. They put so many spin moves that kenny went crazy.

One player I love is TERRENCE MORRIS. You might look at the box score and say why? But this guy is just great to have. He has long arms that easily get rebounds. He goes after shots to block them. Im really glad Houston got TMO.

17. win14me

win14me Contributing Member