1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Apr 30, 2014.

1. OpenLayup-Why3?

I wish people stopped wishing skilled and fast players to add weight. That's just stupid. Especially when teams start to think that way and rush players' weight gain process. So many players were ruined that way.
    I don't see smart people complaining about last 2 MVPs being too skinny.

2. gah

gah Member

Is it wrong to project this kid as a hall of famer?

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

yes..

4. i3artow i3aller

<iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/rf3i' width='560' height='314' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

5. omgTHEpotential

A guy posted this on another board. I guess Porzingis was measured barefoot as they usually do in Europe. If he's really 7'2 with shoes... And that wingspan is just like Brow's.

6. omgTHEpotential

LOL, ignore my last post. This is quite ridiculous:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just got the measurements for <a href="https://twitter.com/kporzee">@kporzee</a> from <a href="https://twitter.com/impactbball">@impactbball</a>! 7'1.25&quot; w/out shoes, 7'6 wingspan, 230 lbs. Longest wingspan in the draft.</p>&mdash; Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/status/613163586706407425">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If true, that would make his height in shoes at around 7'3...

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Weight gain should be gradual, so it doesn't effect their speed. Guards and small forwards don't face physical challenges as much as big men.

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Hinkie will probably take him and then trade Embiid or Nerlens lol

9. lastmanstanding

Reading through the comments on that tweet, someone is saying is vertical is 36 inches ? :O Unbelievable measurements

10. nobie

nobie Member

i kinda doubt he has this big of a vertical, but he does have some hops. For 7 a footer.

11. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would be funny if he was just a taller version of Nikoloz Tskitishvili. Remember him? Dude was supposed to be another Dirk haha.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I came here to post this exact thing.

13. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/article...Intl-Prospects-and-the-2015-Draft-Part-2-5127

As much as I like him, his pre-draft stats in Europe is no where near the levels of Dirk/Gasol. Hope a team with good development plan can draft and put him in good position to suceed.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Phil said the team's workout yesterday -- reportedly Porzingis -- had to be canceled due to a cramp.</p>&mdash; Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/613380416330932225">June 23, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gmV9JNkQ2NU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This article is funny:
    http://www.denverstiffs.com/2013/9/...nikoloz-tskitishvilis-dramatic-disappointment

The logical part of my brain is saying that there just has to be A LOT mroe data on Porzingis. So many more eyes, more twitter news, more and a lot better scouting of international players, seemingly more workouts for teams, in groups, against other American players, etc.

While Porzingis certainly has better stats in I think a better league than Tskitishvilis, they don't blow you away.

So, lots and lots and lots of hype, but still impossible to say whether he'll become a dominant player or a bust. It's crazy.

The best way to tell is to obviously put them in some 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 against good pro players. But I guess there's too much injury risk for that?

17. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Wow. So much to like about this freak. And he is a *great* kid.

18. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I'm sold. I think he's going to have the best career of anyone in this draft. I think he'll win the Rookie of the Year- averaging something like 17 pts 6.5 reb and 2 blocks. And I think he'll put up some 30 point 10 reb 3 block seasons at some point and be a perennial MVP candidate. I would take Porzingis first. I think Towns' upside is a top 5 player, like a Carmelo Anthony level. But I think Porzingis is going to be a matchup nightmare with top 2 player upside, a Hall of Famer, when it's all said and done. Towns is more ready to contribute now and has a higher floor, but I think Porzingis wants to reach his potential really bad, and, combined with his high ceiling, is going to turn into a rare, once in a generation player.

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Really, 30 and 10. I'm not sure anybody has done that in the modern NBA. Shaq was close to doing it. Only a handful guys do 20/10. I can't even think of the last big to average 30.

20. omgTHEpotential

Not sure if your post is supposed to be ironic. 30/10/3? Really? I like Porzingis a lot too, and I don't think he's going to be a bust, because his floor is pretty high. But I think 30/10/3 is just a weird projection. I think of him more like a 22p/9r/2a/1st/2blk guy in his prime, which is still a hefty projection.