1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kristaps Porzingis being investigated for rape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BALLhog 247 365, Mar 30, 2019.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. AB423

AB423 Member

This b**** is crazy.. who stays with someone until 11 in the morning if they raped them that night?

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm one to always give the woman the benefit of the doubt when rape allegations come up but after reading this article by Woj.....like wow, talk about putting down a trap for KP.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why would you want to pursue relations with your rapist? If this is true can he just counter sue her?

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Interesting. She has photos of bruises and needed surgery to fix a broken nose, yet still wanted to pursue a romantic relationship with him afterwards. That's not typical behavior after a rape, and the timing of her bruises/surgery could be coincidental and caused by someone else. I'll still need more facts before making my own judgments.

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  6. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Okay. First off, screw Porzingis if this is true. His sweet baby face had me all the way fooled.

Second, as women we have to do better. Making rape allegations only after he refused to pay you the hush money? Not a good look for you, girl! Where is your dignity? [​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Innocent until proven guilty isn’t for the victim of the crime. It’s to protect the defendant against false allegation.

The rule is being applied exactly as it was meant to be. If Kristap has accused the woman of rape, we would presume she was innocent until proven guilty in the exact same way.

Don’t assume that the rule is being twisted just because of who is on what side. That’s the definition of a poor system, and isn’t what’s happening here.

Nook, malakas, tinman and 2 others like this.
  8. Lovemachine2000

From the Woj article:

"Texts sent in the weeks following the alleged assault included the woman asking to spend intimate time with Porzingis. Some of those messages included the woman sending explicit photos of herself."

"In the texts reviewed by ESPN, the woman appeared to become increasingly frustrated that Porzingis was friendly when they crossed paths in their apartment building, but remained far less responsive via text communication."

"In an Oct. 30, 2018, email to the Knicks, the woman wrote: "After the extremely aggressive encounter, he was very apologetic, loving and caring ... hence, the offer he made to pay my (little) bro's tuition + more. ... Although how he treated me was horrendous, as a Knicks fan, I do not want him to get him in any trouble with the law. I stayed back and enjoyed the rest of the time I spent with him. It's crucial to note the fun times I had with him doesn't negate the fact that he offered to compensate me as a soothing gift even though I didn't ask him to." The woman said she stayed with Porzingis until 11 a.m. the day after the alleged assault."

"In the handwritten letter that she described as a contractual agreement with Porzingis for payment of $68,000 -- a copy of which was obtained by ESPN -- Porzingis' name is misspelled and it is unclear whether the signature belongs to him."

The evidence does not look good for the accuser, to put it mildly. If you are trying to extort somebody, at least spell his name right in the forged document...

Invisible Fan and BeBreezy like this.
  9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not to rush to judgement too quickly, but this new stuff being reported looks terrible for the accuser.

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The inner fan does not want to see Porzingis and Doncic for the next 10 years...

But hopefully justice is served.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

She looks like she's desperate for cash for sure. Not saying she wasn't raped, but she definitely was thinking payday on this one.

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yep.

I certainly don't condone rape at all, and I know a lot of rapes and other unwarranted sexual harassment goes unreported...but #metoo gives a lot of power to women involved with rich athletes or entertainers.

The Ezekiel Elliott case was a good example. The girl even sent numerous text messages saying she'd blackmail him with such accusations, continued to pursue him after the alleged incidents, and seemed to even have possibly staged the injuries to herself...all of which led the prosecutors to not pursue the case. Yet he was still suspended by the NFL. They didn't want to seem to be soft on these issues. Be interesting to see what the NBA does here. It does sound pretty suspicious. Not because of the delayed report..that happens a lot. But because of all the associated actions she took. They don't strike me as consistent with someone who was raped. They DO look consistent with someone who feels scorned, or otherwise seeking to take advantage of the situation.

Will see where this goes. Maybe she is telling the truth...but lots of this doesn't ring true to me.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

this ain’t looking good for her AT ALL

it still makes no sense to me why KP wouldn’t pay the 68k if he had actually raped her and had agreed to pay it

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know people here WANT Porzingis to be guilty, but this really seems to be extortion.

I mean, don't people watch Ray Donavan?

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m thinking the same...maybe something will surprise me and we’ll find out he’s guilty, but as of right now, it doesn’t look likely

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Porzingis is still young and not from America. He's not James Harden who has street smarts.
    I can see where he can easily get suckered.

18. omgTHEpotential

Some gullible white knights in here

Lovemachine2000 and izeroi like this.
  19. omgTHEpotential

What does FBI say about the rape allegations against pro athletes? Got that stat? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the percentage of false accusations is slightly higher than 8%... Again, just a wild guess.

Can't use ordinary stats when dealing with situations like these. It's definitely skewed by the potential money involved.

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This will hurt Pozingis if photos matched to around the date of assault. Otherwise Porzingis will dodge this one.