1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Krispy Kreme

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, May 6, 2003.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yeah, by that description of what I do, I should be very conservative. Actually, I'm fairly conservative fiscally.

2. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Krispy Kreme is OK, but terribly overrated. Sleeping outside for doughnuts is crazy. Shipley's doughnuts are one of the few things in the world I could eat every day and not get tired of...

Shipley's are NOT best when they're hot, though. They're a little too soft when they're hot, and often taste a little doughy...Shipley's are best after they've sat around for an hour or two at room temperature. The only problem with that is that they never LAST an hour!

Sonny, I'll see your Simpson's reference and raise you a quote!

"Purple's a fruit....MMMMMMM...PURPLE..."

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

would you be willing to say which bank??

we represent a couple of banks here in Houston...some origination work...but mostly work with special assets departments and collections.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Krispy Kreme finger ****s Shipley's. Sorry. I grew up on Shipley's and am not afraid to admit that they are inferior.

Have never ever ever ever had Dunkin' Donuts either, despite they're apparently more popular throughout the US... :confused:

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I sent you an email.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and i responded! :)

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I was going to ask the same thing....my wife works at Shipley's audit firm.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'm about 30 minutes from Krispy Kreme World Headquarters.

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

a few warm Shipley`s glazed donuts with a tall glass of COLD milk.......mmmmmmmm

10. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

True story:

When the first KK opened in Albuquerque, a police helicopter landed in the parking lot and one of the cops went in to get a dozen. They claimed they were on a break, but got in trouble anyway.

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

A pink or white icing donut at Best Donuts was the Best.

It's where all the lazy cops went.

I always got scared to go there because of they "mucus" rumors.

12. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I rarely eat do-nuts, but Shipley's glazed any day.

13. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

No one for Dunkin Dounts?

14. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I love DD's!!!

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

wooooo MOrgan with a 3 run homerun1!!!!! h hahahahahha

5-4 BUCS!!!! yi[pppie
    :D

Ooops.....wrong thread....hehehe my bad, I forgot I changed threads...

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I can eat freshly made glazed KK donuts by the dozen. They're like crack rock. If they're not at least 10 minutes fresh then they're trash. DD can last all day and they have a better selection. DD's apple fritters are the bomb.

18. Fatty FatBastard

Alright: Fatty's favorite subject- Crap food!!!

Dunkin Donut's: Best for the Munchkin's, everything else just OK.

Shipley's: Best Filled doughnut's in town, bar none (Lemon being my favorite, blueberry a close second)

Shipley's: Best Kolaches in town---screw the new "kolache" places, go to Shipley's.

Krispy Kreme: Best Glazed doughnuts ever. Sorry guys, I grew up in Houston. That being said, I NEVER bought a dozen glazed doughnuts until KK came along.

That being said, EVERY OTHER DOUGHNUT AT KRISPY KREME SUCKS.

And I am the authoritative person on these issues! :)

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well i don't eat donuts (or doughnuts i guess) all that often and shipley's and krispy kreme are pretty much the only 2 i eat at. i also pretty much eat only one type from each, Devil's Food from shipley's and chocolate glazed from KK. since all KK's are the same, they are more consistent, but Devil's Food donuts are the best donuts on the planet. what can i say, no amount of chocolate is too much for me and devil's food donuts do the trick. but damn are the chocolate glazed from kk good, that sugar coating around the donut, damn. oh yeah, no amount of sugar is too much either.

as for a mano a mano, glazed vs glazed competition, i can't say i've had almost any kk glazed, but if it's just the chocolate glazed minus the chocolate, then i'll go with Shipley's. those can be awesome. though gotta agree with A-Train, really warm glazed donuts aren't that good. just too damned mushy, i like when the sugar has had time to cool into little chunks.

so with my H-town pride welling up, i will give the edge to Shipley's for higher quality primary donuts, the mano a mano edge, and years of loyal, low-priced service and for only being about 3 minutes away at home.

20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I think we've reached a concensus. The best endorsements we've had for krispy creme plain glazed came from a person who claims to be an expert in crap food and from someone who compared them to Shipleys with roaches.

Personally, I don't think Krispy Kreme is all THAT bad, but it's good that we all seem to agree that Shipleys is the best.