1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kongo vs Barry [UFC on Versus 4] Wild finish

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RAID, Jun 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

Crazy...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p0zyF1Cv7wY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

That was pretty damn crazy.

I thought for sure Kongo was finished.

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

This is the kind of stuff that will help MMA grow. That's also why Fitch will always be an undercard and get passed over for the title, because he doesn't put on performances like this.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

One of the most dynamite finishes in the history of the UFC... Rogan and Goldy said they've announced over 2,000 fights, and that Kongo's KO was the craziest they've ever witnessed.

Excellent card from top to bottom... the Oliveira-Lentz scrap was a classic, Brenneman (fighting in place of Marquardt) with a HUGE upset of top contender Rick Story, Mitrione backing up his mouth against Morecraft, and Lauzon putting on a show.

Pumped for Cruz-Faber, Leben-Wandy, Tito-Bader at 132 next weekend... not to mention, one of my top-3 favorite fighters in the game right now, Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard throwing down on the undercard.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Didn't see the punch that ended Barry.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

ring girl reactions

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RINGGIRLFREAKOUT.gif[img]

Brittany on the right side did a 360

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Man what a gutsy ref. Usually they'd call it after he rolled backwards the 2nd time.

9. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Where was the Oliveira fight shown? Especially against Lentz. How could they not put this on the main card :mad:

Oliveira has the talent to be the best in the division imo.

10. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Facebook... Oliveira looked spectacular. His striking was very crisp, and he continually locked up Lentz in the clinch and just dismantled him with savage knees to the head. But, it was a very controversial ending. At one point, Oliveira kneed Lentz while he was still down, and the ref didn't even flinch... the knee ended up destroying Lentz's eye, and Oliveira took his back and choked him out moments later. Rogan said the commission will definitely review it and likely rule it a No Decision. Still, kid's only 21 years old... very bright future ahead of him. He & Lentz both racked up 50K a piece for FOTN honors.

11. Crudder

Crudder Member

The punches seemed to knock him down but he got up immediately so I'm guessing that's why the ref didn't call it. In the end, looks like it was the right call. But if Barry actually learned to defend himself instead of leaving himself wide open while going for the kill, another knock-down and I'm guessing Kongo would've been out.

12. chonox

chonox Member

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Dan Miragliotta always let's the fight go on for too long. In this one he did the right thing. But Mir was almost murdered by Carwin because of him letting an unconcious Mir take like multiple shots on the ground.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Oliveira was a prelim, he had an undercard billing his last fight I think but got beat. He actually had really great timing getting the clinch and knee just as Lentz would get back to his feet, but that illegal one was so badly done, and ref not catching it was embarassing. It's a shame bc Oliveira had a very strong showing.

I think Mazzagatti has had so many controversial finishes ending fights early, and Dana White eventually got him canned. Still some of these fighters will go all out to ensure the KO and get some nasty shots in even after the ref intervenes.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

16. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Damn. Desperation mode at its finest.

17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Crap. I don't suppose there is a animated GIF of the entire stumbling backward uppercut knockout? I'm at work and can't watch videos on Youtube (or really any other movie site for that matter) but I heard them talking about this on the radio this morning and wanted to see it.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

great all around card, that was a crazy fight, unbelievable finish!

19. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Wow! Just wow!

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!