1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe The Cry baby

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhosNumber1, May 31, 2003.

1. WhosNumber1

WhosNumber1 Member

LOL who have u ever seen cry after losing a game besides charles barkley... lol
    on the bench to! LOL Whata loser!
    [​IMG]

he aint shhhh.... without shaq!

2. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

"...now I know how it feels to be a Laker..." - Hova

People hate for no reason... Just cause he is that good u gonna clown on him??? He has the most passion for the game since God(MJ), who else plays harder than Kobe??? Ill give u Garnett and maybe CATO(sorry, had to throw this one in here), but he is makin millions and by him doing this, shows how much he plays to win, not to attain dollars...Watch out next year, when they... LOL just wait and see...Welcome to the forums noobie!!!

3. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Contributing Member

i may hate the lakers.. but sh*t mayn, give kobe some respect. he really worked his ass out just to carry this no good team when shaq was out. and you know, it really hurts to see all your hardwork and sh*t and you still didnt get the best thing out of it. i respect kobe not when he's playing on the hardwood, but i respect him for his passion and mentality towards basketball. i respect his undying work of watching all of his old tapes and looks where he can "still" elevate his game. if i were to pick the next jordan, i would give to kobe for his love for basketball.

4. Just B

Just B Member

Umm.........Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Isaiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, basically anyone who cares about the game really.:rolleyes:

5. dn1282

dn1282 Member

What are you...a freshman in high school? You think grown men don't cry?

6. codell

codell Contributing Member

W#1,

Imagine working hard for something for 1 year (putting your mind, body and soul into) and not seeing it realized. You would cry too.

I don't like Kobe, but seeing him cry tells me he cares and above all else, is one of the best competitors in the game.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I wouldn't say he is "that good", or else he wouldn't have had that much trouble carrying the Lakers while Shaq was out. But he is good. I think people are annoyed by Kobe because everyone acts like he's the end all be all. You hear people saying he's the 2nd best player in the league behind Shaq and that's BS. Duncan and Garnett can make a case for being better, and unlike Kobe they have the entire weight of a franchise on their back and don't have a 300+ monster to bail them out. And unless the Lakers improve their supporting cast and get a PF and PG and SF they're not going to do jack next year except lose early in the playoffs again.

8. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

man im surprised no ones metioned shaq crying after getting swept by us in 95....that was awesome

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Kobe crying tells me he really cares. I hate him, but I wish Francis cared as much as Kobe does.

Fisher on the other hand is a straight up b**** for crying. :D

10. Xenogears

Xenogears Member

Haha I hate Kobe and the Lakers. Seeing that makes my face look like this: :D

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really can't stand Kobe, and he's the primary reason why I can't stand the Lakers, but I don't blame him for being emotional when he lost, and making a joke about him crying isn't what I would do.

I like the fact that people are making jokes about Kobe, because he deserves it, but this joke wasn't the best one as far taste, etc. go. But it's also not a big deal either.

12. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Most passion? What about Iverson? I don't love Iverson or anything, but come on! Not even a mention?

Though for that string of 10 games or so when Kobe was scoring 40 a night, it almost looked like he had the best offense since God(Wilt)...

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

I don't like Kobe. But, I do know what the pain is like losing in the playoffs.

So, I'll let him be for now.

Who knows, It might be the Rockets that get knocked out of the playoffs next year by the Lakers.

And guess who will be crying? We will be.

14. Band Geek Mobster

Steve Francis used to cry after every loss back in High School and in College...I believe he stopped doing that after his first couple losses with the Rockets...

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Don't hate Kobe for that. Hate the media.

It's funny when fans direct their hatred to the wrong medium.

16. JamesC

JamesC Member

Its funny how people can be sometimes. A player can get bashed for having no heart, and the same can be said for a player that shows a lot of heart and a determination to win.

17. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I am glad many posters in this thread have sided with Kobe in regards to his emotions.

The great ones do cry believe it or not. Look at Jordan, after the Bulls first one. I bet he was crying after the losses to Detroit. Kobe is great as well.

You people who bash men who cry are the ones without heart.

18. DavidS

RM,

That reminds me of the credit that James Worthy got when he was with the Lakers.

An excellent player. But was he better than Dominique Wilkins?

It's so easy to be "great" when you have team-members that make you better -- Magic/Kareem.

I loved Worthy's game. He had the total package like Pippen. But he was never the "leader" of a team.

Not like Shaq. And not like Dominique Wilkins.

19. WhosNumber1

WhosNumber1 Member

lol so your saying KG or Tmac dont care because they didnt cry when being knocked out? for the waht 6th strait year? LOL
    im talking about most dont show it on the bench... because there tough... kobes just soft...
    and hell i cry when my team loses! im talking gets knocked out... me being a fan and attending almost every home game for my team i feel i cheered them through the whole year and its a reality shock when it happens....
    i just thought it wuz ufnny

20. DavidS

I think Phil Jackson said, the pain of losing hurts more than the joy of winning feels good.

Could be true.

#20 DavidS, Jun 1, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2003