1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe says T-Mac is the toughest guy he has ever played against

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Aug 16, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't have a T-mac thread without certain words

IF
    COULDA
    WOULDA
    SHOULDA

and...

KOBE.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

No body is blaming Yao primarily but he did get outplayed.
    Now since me and you are on the same boat about LOF, i understand what your saying but this is where you are crossing the line into hate.
    where anybody defending Tracy is wrong in your book no matter what, you do a good job of hiding your hate for him by surrounding your points with "tof put him over the team" claims.
    However all we are doing is identifying he was a great talent for a short stint.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

No doubt he was a great talent.

The expectations were very high when Tracy joined. Whatever fan you are, your expectations were at least a strong playoff run and being a true contender. This based solely on his skills and talent. Its the others stuff that brought us to failure.

This completely different from Jeremy Lin. Only the mindless delusional fan would think he brought that level of expectation (and yes a bunch of mindless delusionals did join).

Still, it's about Kobe's shadow over Tmac. The Lin fans don't mention anyone else except Lin.

Lin's personality and ego are completely different than Tmac's. I prefer Lins. However talent wise, it's not close.
    Even though the LOF has mentioned that Lin has as many hits on youtube as Michael Jordan. they try.

The poster I replied too is Tof-ish.

4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Good point tin, agreed.

5. coffeelover665

first of all I don't deny that Tmac could've gotten further with a more better supporting cast and sometimes it's unfair for fans to want more and more and more and we fail to see that Tmac has given us a lot. And somewhere along the line between the injuries and average teammate, Tmac gave up on the team and "stopped trying". But him stop trying is him stopped playing at a superstar level, he was still a very good ball player. Tmac in his prime was a monster and people even argue that he could potentially be better then LeBron. Then you insults Kobe's work ethic because he acknowledges Tmac as a good basketball player? Are you kidding me?

"mythically acclaimed hardest worker?" I didn't say he was the hardest worker, I said he was top 10 (although I believe hes right up there in the top 3) Everyone that met Kobe knows how hard he works out. What separated Kobe from those guys is his passion and his work ethic. For you to call his work ethic as a "myth" is a travesty. I don't like Kobe playstyle, but you have to respect the man. Don't be a hater.

"wanting to see some knowledgeable basketball talk and all you get is people saying a bunch of hooey and throwing out their agenda"
    You're the one with the seething hate for the man. All I said was Kobe worked hard, and you attack his work ethic and called it a "myth" with no proof. Here's some proof.

athletic trainer of 16 years surprised at Kobe's workout regime
    http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/19o38z/hi_rnba_my_name_is_robert_and_im_an_athletic/

Blake Griffin team USA
    http://thebasketballmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/more-evidence-of-kobe-bryants-insane.html

The new pick up from the Lakers
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-...o-see-kobes-work-ethic-first-hand/2013/07/16/

Kobe drains two free throws AFTER falling on his achillie tendon injury.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOGACXlNds

And this is only after a quick google search on Kobe's work ethic. I recommend you do some research before you discredit someone's hard work and call it a "myth" Your last paragraph is filled with hypocrisy

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Don't forget Kobe went to Dream to Better his post moves.

No doubt Kobe obliterates tmac in desire and love of the game.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He also obliterates TMAC in raping Women, behind a dick on and off the court, and being a crappy teammate.

Can't root for a guy like Kobe.

Not to mention he is one of the most overrated players of all time. How many playoffs series would Kobe have won on Tmac's teams. I'd be willing to bet 0.

If you swapped Kobe's and Tmac and kept everything else the same. Tmac probably has 5+ rings as well because he wouldn't have ran Shaq out of town.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

quit dreaming dude.

Yao Ming and Ron Artest won a playoff series without Tracy McGrady.
    Vince Carter won a playoff series without Tracy McGrady.

Kobe > Tmac, it's the jealousy that drives the McGrady fans to make what if scenarios.

9. Awesome

Awesome Member

and again, im not arguing with you, and you jumped in after I quoted another poster, and as I said, plenty of players work hard they just dont freaking advertise it like Kobe does...such as this riding on an anti gravity treadmill which is where this all stemmed from. You'd have to be dense to think he's the only one who puts in work

Arbitrary numbers like top 10 doesn't mean a thing as I said, especially when it resulted in one questionable MVP and years of being someone else's second banana.

What about Tim Duncan? The guy has been phenomenal for far too long, won just as many rings yet he gets not even half the pub, nobody continually talks about the work it took for him to stay at the top, let alone probably being the best PF ever, yet we keep going on about hardest worker...

You know what.. I know you want to make this about some kobe hate but you are missing my point exactly....

The next time someone wants to point out all of the great stuff, point out the other stuff too so people can look at a balanced viewpoint...talking about other players quitting and pumping up a guy who quit as well on national tv in the playoffs.. SMH

10. coffeelover665

If you can't come up with an adult response and address my points, this is the last time I'm responding to you on this thread

11. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cC5fkye1-dI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. bloop

bloop Member

only an idiot actually believes that training with Olajuwon a few times actually means anything. I can tell you've obviously never played sports. You have to work day in and day out to improve your game. I mean what do you think? Dream says "put your foot here and shake like this" and it magically improves your post game? I mean if you said he played against Dream over a summer that could actually mean something like Dream playing against Moses at Fonde every day. But the idea of some tutorial like a continuing education class is hahahaha.

As for Tmac, Kobe feels comfortable complimenting him because Tmac will never actually pose a threat to Kobe since the dude never came close to living up to his ability.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Only idiots don't understand comprehension.

Training with Olajuwon earns my respect from Kobe.

As my point was, which apparently Tracy Fans can't comprehend, is that Kobe is more dedicated and respects the game more than Tracy.

Wanting to improving his game = respect.

Respecting the game= Kobe

14. tinman

Supporting Member

These pictures are for you:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

No doubt Kobe had more desire and heart, no question. Now about Tmac..So MUCH FREAKING PURE RAW TALENT. So much. He was a natural beast. But he had no desire, heart or drive. Put tmac's talent and kobe's heart and drive together, and you have the GOAT.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Look dude, you can have best voice in the world and your songs could be whack.
    that's Tmac.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is no doubt that a young superstar was primed with the most dominant man in the game. But he wasnt riding any coattails...Shaq knew that Kobe was a prolific scorer and that dynamic didnt change once Shaq and Kobe teamed up. But to say that he was lucky...put down that crack pipe son, bc cocaine is a hellavue drug.

Kobe Bryant has not carried his team to playoffs once throughout his remarkable career.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

1. Kobe >>>> All but around 8-12 players in the entire history of the game. No offense TOF's.

2. "Kobe is a bad teammate": It depends on how you want to look at it. In the strictest of terms, a good teammate is one that makes the team better. Barring Shaq's cheating-sourpuss ass and Smush Parker's bum work ethic and lack of humility, Kobe can actually be a great mentor and friend (ie. Vujacic, Gasol, Butler, Odom). I don't know why "Kobe is a bad teammate" get's thrown around so much. But sure, I agree that in this buddy-buddy era Kobe's attitude has no place.

19. supdudes

supdudes Member

I laughed. 06-08 ring a bell? One could even make the argument that without Kobe, last year's Lakers would've missed the eight seed.

20. dragician

dragician Member

this sounds like Kobe is giving a hint to Lakers' manager to get Tmac.