1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe or LeBron?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ghettocheeze, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Lebron is more difficult to scheme for because he has much better court sense and understanding of his teammates on top of his strength/explosiveness. Those things are far more important than a less pure jumper. Magic didn't have a great jumper either, didn't stop him from being one of the 3 best non-centers to ever play.

Also, not only this year, but think of what Lebron has done to Detroit in the last couple of playoffs they have met. Now think back to when Kobe played them in the finals. Kobe might be better against average/weak defense, against a top defense Lebron is better. Ditto for Wade in 2005/2006 form.

2. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

Lebron is the best player in the NBA period. He makes his teams alot better than they are. The most important skill you can have as a player. Not that Kobe doesn't have this skill, but Lebron is the most gifted player to play in this League at his age. And he is a better leader and impossible to contain if even one of his team mates steps up and plays well.

It is very simple, if you surround Lebron with decent talent, he will win in most playoff series. And as long as injuries don't make his career short, I think he will prove that. If Lebron played on the Shaq-Lakers instead of Kobe, I think the Lakers win 5 championships in a row and Shaq never leaves. Kobe may or may not win another championship post Shaq again. I don't think he wins more than 1 more max.

3. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

Yep, T-mac and Shaq would have won 4 titles.

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm going to agree with this statement. If Ray Allen was playing this way in the other series on a consistent basis they wouldn't have been going to game 7s. Celtics just found their groove at the right time.

5. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

LeBron. He's been better all year long.

6. stq

stq Member

I don't think this is fair. Boston played much better in the laker series compared to Cleveland series, both offensively and defensively.
    Went to the finals last year also gave the cleveland team alot of mental toughness, which Laker obviously lacked.

can't blame everything on Kobe.

7. engr chris

engr chris Member

What's up with all the Lebron love here? I remember during the WCF, 50% of the threads here in NBA dish are Kobe threads.

8. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I totally agree. Ray Allen was a non factor for most of the playoffs.

9. WOaiNBA

WOaiNBA Rookie Racist Bastard

LeBron,He doesnt cry,Kobe has no heart

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Depends on the matchup. I think Lebron is a harder matchup for the Celtics than Kobe. Not neccesarily true for other teams.

My theory is Celtics have a harder time matching up with Lebron because he has more meat-- he can muscle through the Celtics D better than Kobe can.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I know it is not everything but it is a lot. Look at Celtics defense on LeBron. I know Kobe didn't have his best games either and LeBron had scored something like 40 but they had done a great job, they had forced him to take jumpshoots and he had been done.

They did the sam thing against Kobe - he played better than LeBron, he had his problems but he still played better - of course in my opinion

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You are right, that is unbelivable. I remember people comparing Kobe to MJ and now they all say he sucks

13. johnmvp

johnmvp Rookie

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that Kobe isn't that athletic. My bad.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think you're right.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What makes you think the Celts had a harder time with LeBron than Kobe? The first 4 games of the ECFs, they made LeBron totally impotent. LeBron was definitely spectacular in a couple of games, but the Celts handled him quite well overall.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am not saying Kobe is not athletic, he is. But LeBron is more, isn't he?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

he's stronger, kobe maybe quicker

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Downtown Sniper, thanks for the common sense. Atlanta took the Celtics to 7 games. Does that mean Joe Johnson is better than Kobe too?

That was when Kobe was a winner. Now, he's a loser. (Of course, Lebron's a loser too. They should be holding Pierce's jockstrap.)

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

and LeBron relies his game on drives to the basket

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

People jump on and off bandwagons every 5 minutes here.