1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe on making teammates better

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sew, Nov 23, 2010.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

obviously you haven't played any competitive sports, both of them know the intent wasn't negative and he shook Gasol's head just to tell him to wake up since he was horrible to begin that game.

As for Radmanovic it looked more like a tap and tellin him to STFU

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I would also say those people need to grow a *****ing pair.
    Yeah Hakeem didn't need to physically hit his teammates during their championship runs (like Kobe and KG did w/their teammates) and didn't verbally lash his teammates(like MJ) but guess what? Not every person or player has the same temperament on and off the court. MJ, Kobe and KG are fiery and don't ***** around with teammates not putting similar effort and focus on the court and will/would let them know. Hakeem was for the most part a leader with his actions on the court. Nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks. All are still great players.

3. Steve_Francis_rules

Yeah, KG is a great example of a guy showing "leadership" with his physical attacks. I guess he's lucky only the short white guys on his team ever needed any of his "leadership."

1 person likes this.
  4. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Mumble much, kobe c*******r? :rolleyes:

5. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

No disrespect to the great Dream but Hakeem only has 2 rings.

Kobe has 5 rings and probably will end up with 7 rings.

If it takes slapping around his teammates like Jordan did, more power to Kobe.

You gotta be firm with the pansy players to become great. Pau was always mentally soft, but now he is much better.

I wish the Rockets had some ahole leader that holds his teammates accountable for weak play.

6. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Exactly. Odom is a career underachiever...always lazy and of course we know about the pot smoking.

Now all of a sudden he's Captain of Team USA and leads them to Gold? Not only that, he's become a major player for the Lakers this year.

WTF? It comes down to Kobe holding guys accountable, if you're lazy, you're outta there.

This is exactly what Jordan did on the Bulls, he was ahole to his teammates but you cannot deny the 6 rings.

Rockets need a hard-nose leader like that who will win at all costs even if it means smacking teammates around.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no but you were disrespecting the rest of the Rockets championship team.

Both of the championship teams had teammates who loved each other and they were ALREADY tough mentally and physically. they were never afraid.

Maxwell, Mario Elie, Otis Thorpe, Sam Cassell, Robert Horry, Clyde Drexler

they had a coach who united the team and everybody believed in each other even when times were tough.

Go research why this was called Clutch City before you start throwing around the championships like it was chopped liver.

8. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

How is it chopped liver?

I'm stating a fact, Kobe has 5 rings and Hakeem had 2. If Hakeem had slapped the boys around a bit more, maybe they would have had more than 2. I don't know.

I just know that Kobe's ahole approach works well; just like Jordan's did.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not cool..

10. tinman

Supporting Member

dude, you obviously don't know the story of the championships and simply thinking that the best player on the team is the only person who affects the other teammates is wrong.

i and many others followed those championships and know the mental toughness of those players.

so how did Robert Horry, who's really lazy, get 7 championships?

did Kobe have to do something with it?

No bro. he had nothing to do with Horry's clutchness.

It's ok that you aren't familiar with the Clutch City championships and just refer to them as '2'. but you are completely wrong in using this as an example to compare to Kobe's influence to his teammates.

Hakeem was the constant but there were different heroes every night for the Rockets.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

some people don't know what the f they are talking about.

hey did Kobe make Shaq better?

12. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

Bro, it's ok if you don't understand basketball how players like MJ and Kobe made their teammates better.

Of course there were different heroes every night.

13. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Kobe made Shaq better by taking over 4th quarter.
    It did't matter how good Shaq was when he couldn't close the game and win the championship, they got swept in playoff year after year. Kobe led Lakers came back from 15 pts 4th quarter deficit in game 7 WCF. Had they lost that game, whose legacy's gonna be impaired more?

14. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

What am I supposed to do? Make up a few rings for Dream?

Don't blame me, I wasn't the one that brought him into this.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

K let me summarize your argument

Kobe has more rings (three playing alongside of shaq) than Hakeem, therefore Kobe was probably better at making his teammates better than Hakeem.

and this is the most r****ded part

"Maybe Hakeem would've won more rings if he slapped his teammates in the head more like Kobe did......."

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Exactly

17. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

What is wrong in any of that?

18. Steve_Francis_rules

The difference in ring count between Hakeem and Kobe would only mean something if they were in similar situations in their careers.

Hakeem played in a much tougher era. Hakeem didn't have a HOF teammate for the first eight years of his career like Kobe did. Hakeem faced teams with HOF players in their primes almost every year in the playoffs (Kareem, Magic, and Worthy on the Lakers; Bird, McHale, Parrish on the Celtics; Stockton and Malone, etc.). Kobe has played Jason Kidd and Allen Iverson in the Finals and TD in the Western playoffs. That's about it.

1 person likes this.
  19. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

The 90's were watered down by expansion teams...that's one of the common knocks on Jordan/Hakeem's era.

It is also said that the current rendition of the Boston Celtics have the best defense of all time.

Kobe had Shaq, Hakeem had Glide. Kobe has Pau Gasol, Hakeem had Ralph Sampson (who was a bad mofo while healthy).

Kobe came up with 5 rings and counting, Hakeem stopped at 2. You can only dillute Kobe's rings so much and finally just give him props for what he has done.

He has changed Ga Soft, Odumb, Crazy Pills Ron into a fearsome team by pretty much because he's an ahole that pushes his teammates to their limits.

It is what it is and I would not have mentioned this blasphemy if it weren't for the fact it was brought up.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I actually watched the Jordan era Bulls, and the Akeem Rockets, unlike you.

it's fairly obvious you didn't and you crapping stats to make it seem like you know anything about the NBA.

basically you are probably that one of those dudes who got banned a couple years ago, what the blackknight? or something like that.