1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Looks Really Bad

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheGreat, Oct 7, 2010.

Tags:
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

kobe is definitely more skilled than shaq, but shaq was more dominant.

lebron is not only skilled, he's also dominant. hence why he's considered the best player in the L.

there's a reason he hasn't won a ring and he's widely considered so. he's just that good.

2. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

MJ had proved himself for 3peat before 94, and he was in retirement for those 2 years, came back rusty near the end of the 2nd season, that's why his reputation was intact. Bulls beat Pistons handily once they had the better record.

Imagine if MJ played and Bulls had best record in 94 and 95, that would be totally different if Rox won it all. Or if MJ choked and Magic Johnson won in 91 and 92, good luck of MJ being best player in the league.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lebron is skilled, but not that skilled, Most of his game is based on His size, and freakish athleticism. He does have great court visions though.

4. Scram

Scram Member

here is a point look at LaQueens footwork it is trash, his jumper looks stupid, he isnt a nice player shot and movement wise. He can drive the lane. Everyone can please stop saying Laqueer is the best player in the league its not even close. Plus wade and Durant are better then him.

5. goahead3

goahead3 Member

definitely depends on what you call "best." if you're talking most pure basketball talent, then it's kobe. but lebron is so dominant physically. he's 6'8'' 260 and can run the point...i mean come on.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

There's no way I think Iverson was more skilled than Kobe. Kobe is the better shooter and defender. I think their ball handling skills and passing are about equal.

7. Steve_Francis_rules

That's irrelevant to my point. goodbug has said before that Kobe was the better player than Shaq in 2002 and 2003, despite the fact that Shaq was coming off three straight FMVPs. Now he's saying that being back-to-back FMVP automatically makes you the best player in the game.

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Did you watch the playoffs in 1995? If MJ came back so rusty, why was he better in the 1995 playoffs than he ever was in the playoffs after that?

Again, were you around before 1991? If not, are you able to read articles from before then? MJ was the clear-cut unanimous best player in the game before he ever won a championship.

9. Steve_Francis_rules

When I say "best" I mean gets the best results on the court individually. And that is Lebron. It doesn't matter to me how much of it comes from his physical gifts and how much comes from skills. The difference is irrelevant if we're talking about who's the best right now.

Everyone who says Lebron relies too much on athleticism is wrong for saying that means he's not the best player in the game. It could certainly mean that he won't age as well as Kobe has, but that doesn't say anything about performance now.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude, please just ignore goodbug, he's obviously a troll. He created a thread saying Kobe was better than MJ even though MJ had 6 rings to Kobe's 5, and then went around saying Kobe is better than LBJ simply because 5>0.

11. npz

npz Member

Haha. You're gonna be posting this about a dozen more times this year.

12. npz

npz Member

Haha @ "hopefully". You know he will. Everyone knows that you know it, too. The rationalizations are good though, keep it up.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

I doubt he'll keep up the hot shooting from three-point range for the whole season, but his scoring and overall field goal percentage should hold steady where they are.

14. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

This just about sums it up for my thoughts on Kobe. I respect the guy a lot. Don't like him, but I sure as hell respect him. Dude is a warrior.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

I respect his work ethic, but I wouldn't say I respect him.

16. TheChosenOne

well, 5 rings is slightly better than 0 rings. and being a little b**** (LeBron, not you :p)

17. TheChosenOne

I should have prefaced that by saying, as a basketball player. As a rapist, I don't care for him much either. Zing.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You HAVE TO respect him. Just HAVE TO.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

I really don't. Again, his work ethic is admirable. But from what little I know of him, that's about all I can respect.

20. clippy

clippy Member

Comparing primes (say Iverson '01 to Kobe '03), Iverson was a better ballhandler and passer and much, much quicker. Kobe was a better shooter. Defense is largely influenced by size so I can't really give Kobe that. What I'm saying is that if Kobe were 5'10, he wouldn't be as good as Iverson. I don't think people realize how difficult it is for a guy that size to dominate the league as he did for a few years.