1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe just won a freaking Oscar

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Mar 4, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no absurdity, it's a would if type of convo, you take it too seriously.

I am ok with whatever outcome, I just choose to congratulate his reps and him on the award, that's all. If his case is disclosed again, that'll be fine with me.

Try to separate both. He should get the award for his work yet get punishment for the rape as well.

The rest is just thought bubbles of mine that is not relevant to the case itself.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But you are equating the conversation with the importance of the award. In other words, you think the conversation would be more significant if the award was for writing the best picture as opposed to animated short. The act was the same regardless of his award. It is truly absurd to treat it differently depending upon the importance of the award.

Kobe: "Folks, let's just stop talking about this because my award is less important than Gary Oldman's"

3. Game7

Game7 Member

Who cares? The guy from Booty Call has an Oscar too. How does this matter?

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harvey Weinstein was not convicted of rape either. Nor was Bill Cosby. They didn't really do anything bad, right?

BallSoHarden likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Which one of Harvey Weinstein's MULTIPLE cases got dropped because the victims refuse to testify? Which one of his accusers made raps mocking him? What pattern has Kobe had of sexual misconduct? Apples & oranges. Case dropped. Kobe is at worst a adulterer, no rapist

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You were arguing that Kobe was not convicted so he must be innocent. I was simply pointing out that not being convicted and being innocent aren't the same thing. We all should know better now when people like Weinstein has been enjoying "innocence" all these years.

BTW, Weinstein has no case to drop because he is not being charged in the legal system. Using your logic, he must be more innocent than Kobe.

7. theimpossibles1

Stupid post on so many levels.

8. hakeemthagreat

Neither one are guilty in a court of law. The difference is Weinstein had a pattern of accusations against him. Kobe had one case against him that ultimately got dropped, because his accuser didn't want to take the stand lol. He's only a rapist to ppl who don't like him. When you go to court for something & the charges are dropped, you're FREE.

So kudos to Kobe for the oscar!!

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Man your actually right.

My dad was an attorney (RIP)

Bottom line is your innocent until proven guilty.

Kobe was never guilty period end of discussion.

And if you really go back and look at the case, he would have never been convicted of rape even if the women testified.

Look their is scum walking free beause of technicalities but Kobe is not one of them.

Harvey Wienstein is a prime example.

It’s really unfair imo to lump Kobe with Harvey Wienstein.

Calling someone a rapist is a serious accusation, you better have no shadow of doubt when you call anyone that. Let alone a guy who’s a father of 3 daughters and still married to his only wife.

Kove cheated on his wife, that happens every day I’m sure some of us here have had it done to you or done it to your significant other. Sure it’s very hurtful but that doesn’t consititute ppl calling you a rapist.

That’s serous scum of earth. Murders, rapist and child predators are the worst ppl on God’s green earth.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This is not the first and last time a young black man has been lynched in public for whistling at a white girl in public. If you don't read history please look up Emmett Till. If Kobe, played for the Rockets you sucker MC's would probably say this film is on par with Citizen Kane.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He not Sirrus

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys are confusing legally (criminally) innocent and factually innocent. I don't know if Kobe did rape the girl or not. But to say that because he was not convicted therefore he is innocent is just confusing two different things. For example, OJ Simpson was not proven guilty for murder. But the majority of people actually believe that is guilty if they have to bet their life on it.

The "innocent until proven guilty" principle is there to protect innocent people from being wrongly punished. The justice system believes that it is better to wrongly let the guilty free than to wrongly punish the innocent. So they'd rather err on the innocence side. I have no problem with that.

Bringing up Weinstein's case is not saying that Kobe is on the same level. The whole #metoo thing is to bring the awareness of how easy it is for powerful and wealthy people to get away with evil behaviors and how difficult it is for the victims to get justice.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think your the one that’s confused.

I’m citing Kobe’s case only not Weinstein or Simpson who both have multiple accusers (Wienstein) or countless run ins with the judicial system (Simpson)

Legally he’s innocent that’s a fact.

You me or Dick and Jane “thinking” he did or didn’t do it is not factual.

I’m not going to call Kobe a rapist when he’s never been in trouble before or after that Colorado night. Not even a rumor of anything.

Oj Simpson just got out of prison so ya I can see how you or even me would think he killed his ex wife (I do think he did by the way)

Or Harvey scumbag Weinstein who’s been accused by I believe over 30 women for one thing, sexual assault. Of course I think he’s done the things he’s being accused off.