1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Injured - How does this affect DHoward's Free Agency? Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Comic Book Nerd, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Howard isn't leaving. I watched LA land Gasol for nothing. I watched them almost land CP3. I watched them convince a division rival to give them a HOF PG. I watched them land the best C in basketball for a dude who hasn't played all year and they didn't have to take on bad salary. I'm sure next year they will flip Gasol for Kevin Love and two #1 picks.

Not fooling me....

2. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Howard says he wants to win Championship. Let's see if he stick to his words. There is no way they're going anything next year without Kobe. Or even with Kobe as proven this year, they still suck.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dwight isn't telling anybody anything atm, he's been through that and learned from it, the writers are just going on stuff from last year.

Notice how it's "I think" "From what I know", and no longer "a source" ?

4. Swishh

Swishh Member

true, the lakers pull off the craziest trades and somehow get the other team to accept. :confused:

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I can almost best LeBron , bosh and wade will go to LA with dwight

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Video from Stein. Didn't find anything from Broussard or Stephen A.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4wsJs8zB5FI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I preface this by saying that I don't think the Rockets chances are incredible, maybe 20%. But seriously, there's no way Dwight Howard nor his people would say anything besides the fact that he's going to be a Laker. This is the same with any impending FA fighting to make the playoffs. Same with college coaches the day before they bolt for a better job. It's to the point where these words mean nothing. I mean, Dwight Howard was "happy in Orlando" for what seemed like an eternity, last 2 years.

8. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Income tax on NBA salaries are calculated by the cities in which their games are played. So if they play a road game in NY or CA, they need to pay the corresponding income tax.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

They interview Howard today and ask him if Kobe's injury can affect his free agent decision this summer and he didn't give them the answer. He simply says there is 2 more games left and they're trying to focus and try to get into the Playoffs. By not saying anything, it means he's undecided. But you can't read into his mind just like you can't read into his mind this past summer. To me, it's very simple...if he wants to win Championship...leave and go somewhere else cuz LA sucks even w/ Kobe healthy. If he wants money and more fame, stay in LA. So it all depends on what he want. He did say Championship is important to him and let see if that's true or not.

10. New

If we have both Chandler and Asik... Oh i know it is not happening...

11. nono

nono Member

It sucks that so much of next season depends on the whims of one guy.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I would rather go into next season with one we have now that to deal with a diva like Howard.

13. newAge_Rockets

A case of freakish athlete mixed with uneven personality. I have a feeling that I want him in rockets red at the Toyota center, but I don't want to see that annoying fake smile everyday.

14. newAge_Rockets

He's going to stay in LA anyways so what I say is irrelevant

15. AFS

AFS Member

True, but there still will be a significant amount of money difference with more than half of the Rockets's season games being played in Texas.

16. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I hope Howard stays on the Lakers.

By signing there for five more years that means the Lakers are probably going to be irrelevant for the foreseeable future.

Next season they field an aging and very thin roster with no flexibility to add anyone that can make an impact. In fact they'll probably lose Earl Clark in free agency and they might have to consider amnestying Ron Artest.

They'll have no Kobe until the All-Star break or at least a crippled one.

In the 2014 free agency the only star likely to sign with LA is Chris Bosh. They'll have to engineer a trade for a disgruntled Kevin Love or someone else but they have no pieces to offer.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I still think a lot of dwights poor performance this season (yet still deserving of the max) has to do with him holding back to ensure he secures his next contract. After that dwight will return to playing aggressively and not be afraid of getting hurt.

18. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

I've got a back problem that developed just from lifting weights. Nothing substantial enough to warrant surgery but it can be pretty damn debilitating at times when I'm trying to play sport at a recreational level.

Dwight had a couple of inches of nerves removed from his back as well as getting his herniated disc shaven.

Of course, no two people, no two injuries are the same, but ask any group of guys who deal with chronic back issues and the general consensus will be that you're never the same.

Major back injuries are very difficult to deal with for modern medicine, it's spawned chiropractics and voodoo magic potions because there isn't a simple fix.

I'm sure Dwight will improve next season with better health, but a 6'10 giant dealing with major back problems over the course of an 82 game regular season riddled with b2bs and 3 in 4s is going to be impossible. He'll appear dominant some games, and there will be games where he'll be pretty damn ordinary just like what we're witnessing now with the Lakers.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

If thecEockets go deep into the playoffs and make some noise, Houston has to be the favorite to land Dwightmare

20. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

He doesnot wanna come here. He loves LA where he gets everything, money, fame, girls, Big city, etc.