1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Injured - How does this affect DHoward's Free Agency? Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Comic Book Nerd, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Comic Book Nerd

I've actually torn my Achilles Tendon. It took a year and a half of recovery before I could manage a decent job. Before the injury I did a lot of acrobatics (I could do back flips at will), and now I don't have the same "springs" as before.

Anyways, with Kobe's Achilles torn, this realistically means Kobe is no longer going to be an elite again. NOBODY comes back at 100% after an Achilles Tendon tear.

So how does affect Dwight Howard's free agency with the Lakers?

Does he jump ship now? Knowing that the team was already struggling and now with Kobe gone, does Dwight stay knowing that the Lakers are stuck with Kobe sucking 30Million from their cap space and an aging line up?

He must know now that he is no longer on a team that is a contender.

So does he jump ship? I know it makes us look like sharks smelling blood, but how hard does Houston go after Howard now?

2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I don't think so at all. It's LA and now he's the head honcho, the #1 option.

He stays.

3. kastuul

kastuul Member

The Lakers is Howard's team now.
    Mike D'Antoni will leave.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I hope howard stays. Hes damaged goods.

5. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Like OP stated, Kobe will be on payroll, therefore limiting LA's options of any additional free agents. They would be smart to amnesty Kobe but lets face it, they would never do that.

I think Howard walks and chooses us. Especially if we have a little playoff run.

6. cml750

cml750 Member

agree 100%. Hopefully this KEEPS him in LA and saves Morey from making a huge mistake.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I just thought of something - if Howard stays, then they probably won't be able to tank for Wiggins next year.

STAY IN LA, DWIGHT, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't know man. The Lakers are old and the bench is full of scrubs(Jordan Hill). I don't know how the Lakers can rebuild around Dwight Howard. Steve Nash is pretty much done he only has like two years left in him. I really don't see the Lakers a contender for the next couple or few years to come.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If anything Kobe's injury represents the passing of the torch. I agree that at this stage in his career, Kobe won't be the same player after this injury. But I also think Howard is ready for the Mamba to exit stge left anyway. Hard to know what LAs gonna do though. Do they give it one more shot with Gasol, Nash, and Dwight, or do they have a fire sale and start the rebuilding process around Dwight? My hunch is tht they'll give it one more shot, with the hope that Kobe can come back and contribute after the allstar break.

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Gotta think this helps our chances. The Lakers will not be better next year, yet their payroll will increase. Would Deight willingly waste another year of his prime?

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dwight's team is no better than it was in Orlando now

12. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nope...he can stay in LA. No jumpshot and he won't be able to dunk over people forever.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If the Lakers don't clean house via trades, they're deluded. They have tons of valuable trade assets to get a nice jump start on a rebuild- even Bryant and Howard (as a S&T).

14. dream1222

dream1222 Member

DH want to be "the man", he will stay in la, Houston has no chance

15. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

But the lights are brighter and that's what he wants. He's now #1 and he likes it that way.

16. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Everyone that has pointed out the fact that LA is looking a lot like the Orlando situation is 100% correct. I understand the future cap room the following season to bring in another big name to pair with howard but Houston with a dominant and reliable big man is an instant contender in the west. The spurs can't maintain this pace and we would match up well with the young thunder and clippers. Hopefully Harden talks to him this summer. He is the missing piece. Sell high on asik and offer him max money.

17. autoprt

autoprt Member

dwights ok. not sure how he would fit with asik though.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Lakers will secure the 8th spot and Dwight will do his best KG imitation, not enough to get them into the 2nd round but enough to win the hearts of the fans and get the media gushing. He will sign a max extension as Kobe helplessly watches the torch pass from his hands to Dwight's.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

lol, I'm no big DH fan, but this is funny. When teams are trying to obtain superstars, I doubt they spend too much time worrying how they would fit in with their role players already at that position.

"That LeBron James is pretty good, but I really don't know how he would fit in with Parsons."

:)

2 people like this.
  20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he won't be the #1 option, he'll be the only option, bet he's looking forward to more years of that.