1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe: "I tried teaching Dwight. I tried showing him."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Feb 27, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Pretty much...I dont think he was saying there's only one way to win. That's his way, and the guys that won it with him had to deal with that, for better or worse. Dwight didn't want to, so he left. Technically, so did the other guys, so it's not like Kobe is easy to deal with. Everyone knows that, but we also know Dwight could use some attitude, as well.

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Yeah "tried showing him" yet continued to beg him to re-sign in LA. LOL

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't help but agree with Kobe.

Dwight is soft, and not as competitive our as tough as we would like. I would kill to brain switch Kobe and Dwight. Tracy was the same way...

That's why Harden is the head honcho around these parts.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

And Phil never won **** without at least 2 all-stars in the prime of their careers. Phil love is not warranted. Win in New York right now and I'll be impressed with your coaching.

5. a711

a711 Member

People calling Dwight soft and not competitive have very short memories.

It was just last Spring that Dwight was BYYYY FAR the best leader, the most committed, the most serious in every game of the playoffs. His post-game interviews were so telling.

He's committed as hell when it counts.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I was never impressed with either one.

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Kobe is a freaking joke. All because you done something a certain way doesn't mean it will work for everyone else. Ask Bird, Magic, Dr.J and several other greats to play this game.

8. bongman

bongman Member

You guys don't get it. In Kobe's mind, since that is the way MJ did it, that is the only way it could be done.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

RIGHT?! Like a broken record! Emphasis on broken!

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He'd have to be stupid to admit or say that, considering he hasn't won every year and guys with different approaches, like Dirk, have won. That being said, there's something to it. Duncan is similar. That's three guys who are similar and 16 rings between them.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I don't think you have to be an ass to get your point across. I am sure with the current roster, and I have seen it in games, Dwight and James jawing at each other, and Bev and Dwight or James. Thing is that at the end of the day they are friends, and I think that it is very important to have that. Kobe has been called out as being an ass, there's different ways of going about things. He has his way, Dwight has his, if were to choose who I wanted, not being a Homer, I'd rather have Dwight. There's life after Basketball.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He played up to his abilities for 6 games, and we are supposed to crown his ass?

You can't just flip the switch in the playoffs, because team chemistry does NOT work that way...

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Phil's strength as a coach isn't coaching guys up above their limits, it's controlling nuclear locker rooms.

I don't think there's ever been a coach that excels at everything.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

16. bmd

bmd Member

Kobe loves him some Kobe.

17. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

One is a 5 time champion, the other keeps getting eliminated in the first round.

Dwight should of listen.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not every player needs to be the alpha dog. I would say that most teams need one alpha dog.

Neither Yao nor Tracy were alphas. And both were fantastic talents that put up numbers in the playoffs in spite of any feelings fans had about them, but that team was missing an alpha. This team has one in James Harden (assuming he can step it up in the playoffs this year...)

Kobe can retire and give us all a break from seeing his ugly smug mug.

19. a711

a711 Member

Say what?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member