1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe hits gamewinner in James Harden's face at Pro-AM game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Aug 17, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey TWill, that is what a JUMPER looks like.

DD

2. MD_in_Training

That's what Kobe looks like. Maybe he did gain a bit of weight, but he's definitely not Wizards MJ old.

3. supdudes

supdudes Member

Fourteen years of continuous balling will make anyone look old

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Does anyone remember back when there were people actually saying that the Lakers were stupid for giving up Shaq instead of Kobe?

5. supdudes

supdudes Member

That's still very debatable...However Kobe has def proven that it wasn't the wrong decision. Plus with a few seasons still left in his tank, Kobe's legacy will only grow

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Shaq won another championship first.

Also they went to the younger player instead of the better player.

but im not saying its was a wrong decision, that decision worked out well.

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

It was the right decision, Shaq barely scraped out a championship with a Heat team that received extreme preferential treatment, he hasn't gotten farther than the 2nd round since. Kobe's still has a couple of top 10 player type seasons left has won 2 decisive rings along with 3 Finals appearances.

8. AFS

AFS Member

refs will rarely make that call anyways

9. watashi315

watashi315 Member

So now that three NBA superstars (Durant, Lebron, and Kobe) have made their appearances in the Drew League this summer, who do you think had the overall best game? I admit, I haven't watch any of three games in their entirety. I have seen the complete highlights for all three players though and judging by what little I saw, I think Durant has had the most dominating performance out of the three.

Kobe probably had the most efficient game by taking all the players to school using his complete repetoire of offensive skills. Post ups, dunks, up-and-unders, fadeaway, layups.

Lebron was well...being Lebron. He had a few good highlights, but overall was pretty average for a star of his calibar.

If I am a betting man (I'm not), I would put my money on Durant as the next "it player" in the NBA as opposed to Lebron after all the dust settles. Lebron may be considered the best player in the NBA right now but I don't think his reign will be long before Durant rises to the top. The guy just gets better and better each season and he looks really unstoppable. It's too bad he doesn't have a more charismatic or controversial personality that generates headlines and sells shoes.

1 person likes this.
  10. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

^ I think Rose will be the next "IT" player. Durant still has some ways to go, last year was supposed to be the year where he was supposed to be MVP calibert but for most nights on that team it felt like it was Westbrook's team

11. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

For Durant to take it to the next level he needs to bulk up and develop the strength to pin guys on the block. He can't let Tony Allen shut his ass down in the playoffs.

Plus he needs to let Westbrook know who the man is. People bring up Jordan and Pippen but there was no doubt who the chief was.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The OP is a straight Lakers sperm gulper, a more Americanized "goodbug".

The Lebron bit would have been funny if it was a random poster, but you can see the intention for it. At least the OP doesnt pretend to be objective.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kobe fans are the most insecure bunch in sports.

Everything they post have to include a jab at Lebron, who already surpassed Kobe 2 years ago lol.

14. AFS

AFS Member

It was posted in another thread but

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OWp7T6E8ug8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

man this matchup is fun to watch

15. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I see him becoming more of a post up player like MJ did. He shows in these videos that he's got a lot of great post moves.