1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe / Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Billionzz, Dec 11, 2006.

1. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

wow. had i known mrs. bryant frequented the bbs, i never would have made those comments about kobe. and she's a yao fan also. that's cool.

2. FFz

FFz Member

I hate the lakers also, but Kobe isnt a punk. He's basically done all he could after the Colorado incident to act like a model citizen. That doesn't mean I'm going to vote for him though. Hell I'm voting for Nash just to make sure that he doesn't get into the all-star game because he's Laker.

3. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Easy there partner.

Deeeeeep breaths...

4. melo061

melo061 Member

I don't see why kobe is a punk. He hasn't done anything for about 2 seasons to warrant being called that. Kobe is my favourite player, he is arrogant and cocky but calling him a punk is going too far.

5. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i'll give kobe this much; at least i don't see him talking **** to the players that he scores on the way that a-hole michael jordan did.

kobe's displays of arrogance are to himself, his team or the crowd.

6. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Some people are really misinformed. It's too bad that everyone has an opinion, while few actually know what they speak of.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just hate Iverson. For some reason unknown, I can't stand him. I don't know if it's the "practice" fiascoo, or the "gangster" attitude, or the fact that he's always injured. I'm not sure, I just can't stand the guy.

8. twoface723

twoface723 Member

I don't think Kobe Bryant is a punk.He seems like a pretty good person and is a great basketball player.He killed us today...

9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If you were the greatest player to play the game, wouldn't you be really confident? Michael was and probably can still be a great basketball player so he can trash talk all he wants. in Kobe's case though, i don't necessarily like him but i don't hate him either.

10. SunsRocketsfan

dude AI plays his heart out. and where the F did you get that he is always injured.. he's a warrior.. no one player plays thru injuries more than him. if you check his stats he has barely missed any games in his career.. cant say that about someone on our team....

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The amazing thing about AI is he averages 42 mins/game for his career.

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm not sure what his "gangster" attitude even means. Ok, fine, he talks with a lot of ebonics, dresses in a manner that doesn't conform to what you're accustomed to, and maybe seems more confrontational and passionate than the average person.

Also, the practice fiasco is silly. Listen to the actual dialogue. He was talking about how silly it was to be discussing practice at that moment. And even if he doesn't go to practice, news flash - a lot of stars don't go. John Stockton and Karla Malone, NEVER went to practice in utah. MJ wasn't winning any perfect attendance awards. Star players generally always bend the rules.

Finally, he never misses games. Say what you want about him, he gives it his all everytime he's on the floor. Can't say the same about our own guy, T-Mac who basically half-assed that last season in Orlando.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Since when did John Stockton and Karl Malone not practice? And on MJ skipping practice, do you have any earthly idea what you are talking about? Obviously not.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I can't find it but in the wake of the Iverson practice fiasco, there was an article on how coaches let superstar players leave early and sometimes not even come to practice. Also, it said a lot of teams would occasionally turn the other way if it happened once or twice.

Basically, if you're winning, no one is worried but if you're losing, practice attendance gets scrutinized. So no, no one was skipping in a literal sense but they were generally let off a little easier.

15. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

I love Kobe's game, he can really take over and score at will...

I hate how he plays tho, he is a real girl and when he's not crying over a non-call he's whingeing and carrying on - the refs never T him up either, if it was anyone else it'd be called...

almost as bad as the Spurs, they are a whole team of criers and complainers, it's infuriating watching their games.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You said Stockton and Malone never practiced. That is insane. MJ was a practice warrior and demanded his teammates take it as seriously as he did. I don't know which "stars" you are talking about but it wasn't those three you mentioned.

If a star player is nicked up, sitting out practice or leaving early when the coach agrees is one thing. But to compare AI's practice habits with MJ is idiotic. But obviously there are some other well-known players like AI but who never had his infamous press conference.

That said, AI leaves it all on the floor and has a heart 2nd to no player. I love to watch him play. But he has some serious issues that are detrimental to his team.