1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe can't guard a healthy Tracy McGrady.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dragonwill, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

LOL...

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no relevance to today's Rockets. Tmac has been healthy with the Rockets, why not show those highlights?

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Amen. Thank you for knowing your NBA History.
    I'm +++ you

4. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned but that healthy McGrady let his team lose 19 games straight!!! No SUPERSTAR player with any bit of heart would allow your team to lose that many games I don't care how bad your teams is. Lebron would not all that to happen, nor would Kobe, nor would any superstar.

5. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

He made so many 3pts then. Why can't he make them now?

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm tired of ready this post.

7. Arvid

Arvid Member

This thread should stop right here. Kobe did much much more than Tmac even in a so called "Kobe can't guard a healthy Tmac" game. Please give it a break and don't mention the two in the same sentence again.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

They are insecure about their hero.

The irony about this??

The Lakers are in the Finals and so are the Magic.

Kobe is still there. Tmac didn't want to be on the Magic anymore.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200403150LAL.html

Tracy McGrady 40% 37 points
    Kobe Bryant 50% 38 points

Tracy McGrady 13 3-point attempts made 4
    Kobe Bryant 5 3-point attempts made 2

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=240315013
    Lakers move into third past Spurs with OT win

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- After coming up with one of the NBA's most notable offensive performances of the season, Kobe Bryant preferred to talk about his defensive effort.

Bryant scored 26 of his 38 points in the fourth quarter and overtime, and put the clamps on Tracy McGrady during that time as the Los Angeles Lakers rallied to beat the Orlando Magic 113-110 Monday night.
    Shaquille O'Neal had 27 points and a season-high 23 rebounds for the Lakers, who overcame a 19-point deficit late in the third period thanks mainly to Bryant, who scored all but one of his points after halftime.
    McGrady, the NBA's leading scorer, had 37 points to give him 139 in the last three games. But he scored only five in the fourth quarter and overtime, when he was guarded by Bryant.
    "I think of myself as a throwback -- not only can I score the basketball, I can keep people from scoring," Bryant said. "It was very fun. I love those matchups."

#69 tinman, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Typical. I'd be interested what his career numbers are the fourth quarter, even though they really don't count and we can't ask for me cuz he's just so gosh darn awesome through the first three.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Hey AntiSonic,

what do you think of this thread?

#1 The poster did not care about putting Rockets videos of Tracy, therefore implying that Tracy's defense with Houston can't "GAURDS" Kobe

#2 The poster failed to do the research or care of the outcome of the game

#3 The poster failed to acknowledge that Kobe shut Tracy down when it counted, while coming up clutch in the 4th and overtime

#4 The poster failed to remember this was Tracy's last season with the Magic and that the team's horrible record was the reason for them to trade him in order to salvage the franchise

#5 Fast forward today, the Magic are in the finals and the Rockets took the Lakers to 7 in the 2nd Round. Both teams without a 'healthy' Tracy McGrady to "gaurds" Kobe

#6 Did the poster even watch the NBA in 2004? Seems like he just googled "tracy kobe" to see which one showed a favorable title for tracy.

12. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

tinman, you clearly wrote that article yourself. Everybody knows Tracy's never had any kind of issues until this past season, and that's only because he's been selflessly playing on one leg. Shame on you, sir.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

So much wrongness...
    Its not relevant for today. There's no supporting evidence from the following 5 years toward the point. One is currently playing in their 2nd consecutive Finals about to take a title and 1 is watching at home about to take a tylenol.

We already know these head to head matchups are only sometimes directly head to head. McGrady scored 37 on a good 13 of 32 shots that game. McGrady didnt seem to ever guard Kobe. Its evident Kobe DID guard McGrady. So if McGrady shot so poorly and Kobe guarded him, and won, this particular game was the WORST example to use.

A member joining in 2002 should know better

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its been said before. "13 in 33" describes the moment, and McGrady's usual shooting numbers.

This thread is more sour grapes trying in vain to stick it to Kobe who's about to the coronated than elevating McGrady anyways...

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

You can't blame McGrady for missing so many shots and not showing up in the fourth quarter. His teammates sucked! Don't you realize if Tracy had been playing with Tim Duncan, Kobe would have gone 1 for 9?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

OMFG !!!

That is 100% total ownage....wow !

DD

17. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

nobody can guard that tmac he was a top 5 player that year and also the best talent that year but he aint that guy anymore.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

It's just the TRUTH DD, that the OP didn't want us to know or didn't know.

It's also kinda sad that it's 5 years as a Rocket and so called "clutchfans" can only refer to his Orlando Magic days as "healthy".

I mean, I could find you some good defensive games by Tracy as a Rocket. This just means that the OP doesn't follow the Rockets as closely as some fans or that he just doesn't follow Tracy as a Rocket either.

You expect a Tracy fan to at least give an example of him as a Rocket.
    But it's always the same, they only saw the "37 points" part in the youtube video search and didn't give a damn what team he played on or if that team won.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

the article showed that when Kobe guarded him, he only scored 5 points in the 4th and overtime.

so who is this nobody person?

sounds like a myth.

20. rv2843

rv2843 Member

A heathy old TMac is still the same jump shooter instead of attacker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.