1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant using Hakeem's Move (YouTube) Against Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheMacster, Jan 7, 2010.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Are you stupid? If you can't pull that move off against your friends you must be r****ded.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

And by the way i am only 6'1, live in Australia, and played 4/3 at my high school, maybe thats why? :rolleyes:

3. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

he was off balance before the spin, the spin allowed him to re-set his feet so he could have more balance on the shot, I'd hate to see him mess up the dream shake by blowing the lay up.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Are you being sarcastic? People say that because he IS better...

This move doesn't exactly prove anything. I do something like that everytime I play pick up ball at my gym. Of course I don't do it as smoothly or quickly, but the point is, it's not exactly ground-breaking.

He didn't do it nearly as well as Dream, either.

I can find a video of Steve Francis doing a move that Jordan did. And people say that Dwyane Wade is better. :eek:

5. warmshizzle

warmshizzle Member

Lol.

I said you'd end up doing a leaner, as in leaning forward towards the basketball but whatever it doesnt really matter.

Anyway, in order to do the pump fake and jump stop, you have to use your legs to stop you, and so jumping straight up after that would be the same as doing a second jump because you already had to use your legs to stop.
    Not only that, but the fact that your feet are already planted means that if you want to jump straight up you have to no step gather, after already using your legs to do a hard jump stop.

So the jumping straight up after the shot wouldnt be very explosive at all.

If he span after the pump fake, hed get to redirect the momentum, AND one step gather before he jumps.

Note - He wouldnt be able to pump fake and then one step gather to jump straight up for the shot because he didnt really jump stop (stop with both feet at he same time). He established a pivot foot first when he stopped.
    The means in order to one step gather straight up, hed have to move his pivot foot back to shift his weight back and then move his pivot foot forward again in order to gather.
    Doing that takes much longer.

6. h0m3t0wnh3r0

h0m3t0wnh3r0 Member

imitated but never duplicated

7. OvenproofBadger

Didn't he shoot 10 for 30 that game? lol ;)

8. KnickandSteel

KnickandSteel Member

The difference is that Dream did it against the reigning MVP and a future hall of famer,...Kobe did it against.......the Clippers. :grin:

9. chosans

chosans Member

I used to do this move a lot. Surprisingly, defenders keep falling for it even if I already used it in a game. Pretty effective.

10. rocketsmetalspd

Nice to see Dream's moves. There are still other of Dream's moves Kobe can add to his game. Dream had a both of them. I don't know if Kobe can do the Dream Shake though.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Opps Dream had a buch of them not both of them. My thoughts and typing are way off today need a nap.

12. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

i do this move all the time when i post up on ppl taller than me

13. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

This is why Yao can never learned Hakeem's moves, when Hakeem tried to teach him.

Yao doesn't have the speed to do the moves.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Without a doubt. It's still good to see Kobe learning from the Dream.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

fail :rolleyes:

16. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

No, I didn't see him play in Milwaukee but Mo Williams is not good now so I don't know what you mean when you say he was good then. He's such a horrible player, especially if a team has to rely on him. It's really tiring arguing how poor LeBron's supporting cast is compared to other elite teams, so I won't even bother. But let me ask you this...would you trade Landry for Williams? Would you trade Odom/Gasol/Artest/or Bynum for Mo Williams?

17. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

a younger kobe would have dunked that too. :eek: