1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant sees himself playing 'three to four more years'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Htown's Finest, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...imself-playing-three-four-more-004150802.html

Sounds like the Lakers are going to be Kobe's team for at least another 3 years, so how does this affect Howard's decision? If Howard really does want to be #1 (many insiders have reported this), then any scenario in Los Angeles is not going to be feasible for this. Kobe is not going to play second fiddle to Howard and neither is Chris Paul. I see Harden being willing to share the limelight with Howard and letting him be the that guy (similar to DWade and LeBron in Miami). Interesting that Kobe would say this right before the draft.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

These interviews don't mean a thing. This is the kind of answer I'd expect him to give.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Kobe wants to pass 20k points and match/pass Jordan's 6 titles

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

He prolly will telk or has told Dwight this, trying to convince him they can still go on some playoff runs together.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe wants Howard to stay....ergo the timing of the statement. At minimum, giving that impression to help with a S&T.

6. cw3k

cw3k Member

Kobe is the most hard working player around. I want him to stay and hope more players work as hard as him on improving his game. And he doesn't flop.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Of course Kobe wants Howard to stay. I also don't think he cares too much. Kobe cares about his legacy, and because of that I can see him playing 4 more years, but not as a Laker, not unless they're positioned to content in the next 12 months.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Shoot, I would too.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

A lot of this

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is gunning for kaj.

11. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

exactly, he knows that if he talks about retiring then it would explode into a huge deal and potentially effect howard

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If this is true... God bless the square & the x buttons.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's hard to believe Kobe will only turn 35 this summer. Those high school kids.

The achilles tear is the thing. Sure, he's a extremely hard worker with access to the best trainers and other options available. But you never know with that injury. Will his lift come back the same way? Will he have to slightly alter his jump shot?

For all the **** he gets, though, dude is an incredible player. 9 straight seasons of 25+ ppg, 5+ rpg, 4.5+ apg.

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Lakersground: "Bye Bye Dwight"

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Would Kobe sacrifice big money? Only way he will ever compete for a title again.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Kobe is One of those superstars that i expect to have a lot of trouble with heffing older and handing over the torch. I would love for him to play a couple more years and minimizing the lakers chances. I expect him to come back worse than This year, and This year he was very good in making the lakers fail. He will continue shooting and playing hero ball even though he will not have the slimme to pull it of.

I'm going to love it.

17. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I bet he feels this way having watched Duncan make the finals at the age of 38. On a side note, this will hurt the Lakers if he continues to play hero ball. I don't really care either way but hero ball makes for fun TV the nights where he's going off.

18. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I think he is saying a lot more than just giving some tv station a standard status quo answer here. It's only speculation on my part but I don't think that this was some random answer that he gave. I believe that at the very least Kobe has conveyed this same feeling to the Laker's front office. So when Kobe says that he will play 3-4 more years he is not only talking for himself but he is also talking for the organization as well. The Lakers are looking at 3-4 year window with Kobe at the helm to win a CHAMPIONSHIP. Plan A, B, C is: Kobe, Dwight, Gasol or Kobe, Gasol, and (fill in the blank), or Kobe with etc. Anyone of these scenarios could come into play for them. But Kobe is the wheel that makes the Lakers spin.

Would they like to sign LeBron, Melo or DWade in the summer 2014? You bet your bottom dollar they would, but I think they also realize that the likely hood of these players leaving their respective teams is not very high. In the last 20+ years the Lakers biggest free agent signings have been Shaq and Metta World Peace. So I don't think the same arrogance that most Laker fans have that "we will be able to sign anyone we want because we are L.A and everyone wants to play here" is shared by the people in charge. 3- 4 years is their feasible window to win another CHAMPIONSHIP. Once Kobe retires the odds of the Lakers winning another ring deminishes severly. And this will be relayed to Dwight in one last huge effort to retain his services.

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The sad thing if Kobe passed Jordan in points, Kobe fans would think that means he's the better scorer.. even tho Jordan has 10x the scoring titles and 5 higher PPG with better fg%

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

If the Lakers don't resign him, and he still wants to play, some basement dweller will (probably Sacramento or Philly).