1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kobe Bryant]"I would build team around Harden"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by scv_rockets, Feb 24, 2015.

1. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

That's cool to hear. Kobe is all about basketball. He seems to only like players that are as serious as him

Huge honor for James, coming out of Kobe Bryant.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing "Body Armor" is some energy drink/shot that both Kobe and Harden sponsor?

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I still don't care for him.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Kobe trying to recruit Harden back home to Los Angeles. Please don't leave us James!

5. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

They said this on sportsnation and it made sense to me. Kobe said Harden because he picked the best player that he thinks wont ever be on his level, which is why he didnt say Lebron/AD/Durant.

6. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ha - love the skepticism.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

..and pisses out points.

8. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. None of these guys mentioned have reached Kobe's level yet. Lebron is the closest. Durant needs a ring and Anthony Davis is just in his 3rd year (I think) and already having injury issues every year.

This is off topic from OP, I know, but too many people are acting as if Durant, Lebron, and AD have reached Kobe-level already. Lebron (being better or worse) is arguable though

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Kobe (and his fans) just need to be happy he played for the greatest franchise ever.

-He was 2nd fiddle in most his championships
    -One of his FMVPs is a fraud
    -He sucks in elimination games

His heart and will is amazing, but dude is one of the most overrated players in league history.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Im not saying they are on his level, it was just a theory on Kobe's thinking. Being the competitor he is he wasnt going to name his percieved equals. Maybe he really would pick harden, or its just an endorsment thing, or maybe he really didnt think that hard on it and just said the first name that came to his mind, who knows.

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

To be fair lots of people also acted as Kobe had reached Jordan's level when Kobe was at his prime. It is at the end of one's career we can truly see where he end up on the all time great list.

12. jdjd

jdjd Member

Sportsnation also laughed at starting a team with Harden saying they would take KD, Davis, and Curry over HARDEN and LEBRON (are you serious). That right there shows you they have no freakin clue about basketball. All they know is what the other ESPN talking heads tell them to say so they try to put a funny spin on it. Lebron is the best basketball player walking the planet period. Harden is having the best season. Curry is just loved because he's not in Houston. I think if he played here he would be forgotten about, especially having to carry the load alone.

13. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

all good points

14. SemisolidSnake

Two points to make:

1) Please, people, preview your posts before you embed a video. If it autoplays, just leave a link to it.

2) Please, people, don't quote embedded videos, especially autoplay ones.

Ok, now what's this about Kobe and Harden? I never got that far, because four videos were trying to tell me simultaneously.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i just saw the video and yeah, that's just Kobe's way of promoting Body Armor. Harden endorses it and Kobe invested millions into it. Total PR answer....nothing to see here.

16. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Well, Harden is also his favorite player.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Like Steph Curry plays defense? Oh goodness.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

When did he say that?

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Last year when he was hurt, they had him on espn during the game, and they asked him like :" now that you have more free time, what player to you watch and liking watching the most", and he said James Harden.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Of course because big men like Anthony Davis and Boogie Cousins are there to reboujd misses by guards