1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Section123row16seat1, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Great video! Shows his depth and uniqueness.

RustyHarden and ISOBall like this.
  2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If there is hate for a single player on this board it should only be directed to Karl Malone and Kermit Washington.

3. Homey the Clown

I remember like it was yesterday when the Spurs made him cry in 2003 lol. I hated this MF and the Lakers with a passion. 90's Utah Jazz and the Lakers have always been on my $hitlist. But I always respected Kobe Bean. He didn't fit the bright lights, big city Hollywood Lakers culture. As soon as he was drafted in '96, he went to work. The celebrity bullshyt never got to his head and he never turned into a Hollywood basketball diva. It was all about the game and he put everything into it. Growing up I didn't appreciate Jordan until his last year in the league, so I made sure to appreciate Kobe DESPITE being a massive Laker hater. The overall knowledge (on and off court) he gave in the past several years is treasured, not to mention him being the ultimate ambassador of the game of basketball for both men and women. I really hope the next crop of players will step up and continue handing out knowledge like that. Yeah he wasn't perfect and certainly made mistakes, but he morphed into what most see him as today. He was an all around good dude and father. Stil can't believe what happened.

TEXNIFICENT and topfive like this.
  4. i3artow i3aller

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is wierd to me. It feels like every basketball accomplishment will be atribbuted to Kobe now until the end of time.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Look, Kobe told Giannis to get a championship, so clearly that was the reason Giannis did it. Other players that haven't been told that by Kobe don't really care... duh

7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

20 years from now, NBA players will be asking Jalen Green these questions.

Fulgore and coachbadlee like this.
  8. TimDuncanDonaut

Was listening to a Naomi Osaka documentary review, similar connection to Kobe was mentioned. Haven't seen the doc, so I don't know.

Sometimes I can't tell if two athletes actually had a close relationship. LIke worked out together in the summer, talk on the phone weekly vs. a tweet of encouragement / few words exchanged on bball court. Wasn't Giannis known for working out by himself not with other superstars? o_O Did the narrative change.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I'm really confused as to who Kobe was more of a mentor to, Devin Booker or Giannis A? It doesn't really matter I guess.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets take Jalen Green #2. Gianna Bryant wore #2. “They” say Jalen is the next Kobe (aka Green Mamba). :eek:

:D

King1 likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Kobe was a Rocket?

napalm06 likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How is it GARM related?

14. sydmill

sydmill Member

C'mon.

King1 likes this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Member

My heart just dropped. I thought Jalen Green was in an accident too when this thread was bumped.

BossHogg713 and J.R. like this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's really messed up. Can't imagine that sounded amusing in your mind

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I got nothing. People ain't be understanding 4 words

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's grim, but it's the most plausible way Green could become the "next Kobe". I'm just trying to make sense of nonsensical hype.

19. xaos

xaos Member

This thread really shouldn't have been bumped

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm obviously a Green fan and hope he's the pick at 2 but I don't understand the Kobe comparisons. He's closer to Vince Carter if we're going by retired guys (VC was a better athlete imo)

Bobbythegreat likes this.