1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe and Bynum out for season opener vs. Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 12, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Nope, TNT can't switch at this point since they've been advertising it left and right during the MLB playoffs. Plus, it is still the ring ceremony in LA...TNT won't pass up the chance at so much glitz and glamour.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey, no one gave back their wins against us last year without Yao...

DD

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

One of the worst thread titles when it comes to the main page view. LOL.

I was like, no way that's what it is about. But had to check either way on my phone.

4. RocketMania1991

Well this is lame.

I really wanted to see the Lakers in full force to test us.

Our primetime game just got less prime ;/

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

What does your post have to do with my post? All I'm saying is that it would have been nice, in terms of team/fan morale, to beat the Lakers with Kobe in the lineup. Not that I don't think it counts as a real win otherwise.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its going to be extremely depressing if the Rockets lose this game now...really depressing all the pressure is on them now if they want to have any sort of respect they need to be able to win the games they should win playing the lakers without kobe and bynum is a winnable game.

i wonder if ticket prices will come down if kobe isnt playing....probably not

7. Prince

Prince Member

we can beat their a553s even with Kobe and Shaq.

8. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

I'll take what we can get where we can get it. We'll have other chances to prove our worth through the course of the season.

Let's not forget that the rest of the Lakers even without Kobe is still pretty formidable. It should be a nice guage to see where we're at starting the season with the normal rotations being implemented on both sides sans Kobe and Bynum.

I wonder who'll be starting in Kobe's place. They have quite a few viable options. Barnes vs Martin should be nice to see.

9. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

absolutely! let's take our wins where we can get them!

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I believe it when I see it. The article said they are "not likely" to play. Doesn't sound very absolute to me, especially considering how tough Kobe is. I can see Bynum being out, but we best prepare for a Kobe "miracle recovery" by the opening.

12. DaDakota

If Kobe plays, Battier will sweep the leg.

DD

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Its still a national TV game, what r u talking about? :rolleyes:

14. makman

makman Member

I believe Bynum would sit out but not Kobe. He's been playing in the preseason and still plans on playing only scaled back. He wouldn't miss opening ring night on national tv. Phil said he's playing Wed...

For Wednesday's game against the Sacramento Kings in Las Vegas, however, Jackson anticipated scaling back Bryant's run to around 16 minutes. Jackson also recently reminded the guard to take his time and resist the urge to play beyond his capabilities.

"Just don't push it too fast," Jackson said, recounting their conversation. "That's all. We're doing it just the way we want to do it. A couple appearances on the floor, maybe 16 to 18 minutes are fine. Any more than that right now, I think, is expending a little bit too much."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5674888

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sweet, must win now.

16. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'm not complaining.. I just wish they would have played so we could have whooped them on national tv after they got their rings.. Oh well should be a easy win.

17. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I'll certainly take every injury report that is released in our favor. The Rockets are due a lot of of karma on that front.

I was pretty sure we'd lose the season series with the Lakers this year. We play 3 times, twice in LA. But now if we can sneak that first game against a think Lakers squad, we have a real shot at taking the tie break.

It likely won't come down to a tie break between us and LA, but you never know how these things turn out.

18. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

when we beat the lakers, someone like hill should get right in front of phil jackson on the lakers bench and say "suck this" just like degeneration x from wwe

19. RyanB

RyanB Member

what if we lose

20. DaDakota

Never fear losing, only fear "not trying"

DD