1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks trade Porzingis to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jan 31, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

What a **** trade.
    The more I learn about it the more I get pissed off.

Mathloom, tinman and mario elie like this.
  2. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Ok so arguably the 2nd or 3rd best center and at worst the 4th best center plus 7-8 picks is a deal worth considering. They can easily flip gordon and tucker for 3-4 picks who are both on great deals.

3. hakeemthagreat

Where is Tim Duncan? He played college at Wake Forest fyi

It's nice to see you finally crawled out of your tiny little hole, kudos to you

4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the "euro" as code for white needs to stop now, and there is nothing racist about it. The fact is there hasn't been many NBA teams led by 2 white stars that have won championships. The last I can think of was Dirk/Nash but Nash was traded before Dallas won the championship, Bird/McHale is another.

Louka likes this.
  5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Jokic cant catch a lob to save his life. Capela is currently averaging the highest fg percentage at center over 15 ppg. Almost 18 points a night at 64 percent is great offensive production.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

why does that matter? LOL you said 2 euros can't win. which clearly shows how dumb that was.

Crawled out? I've been here as usual. tought to say im surprised you would make some racists remarks. that's just terrible

fckbandwagons, Vivi and malakas like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Mark Cuban interested in a young, handsome and talented Euro player?

[​IMG]

8. hakeemthagreat

What's ignorant about my statements? I specifically explained myself

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Not that I think this is even feasible, but Morey wouldn't forfeit the organization's future like that. 7-8 picks? lol

10. malakas

malakas Member

Saying someone isnt physical based on the place they were born ( or just be honest the colour of their skin) is racistic.
    Is Jeff Green physical? What about KAT?

fckbandwagons, Vivi and YOLO like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Teams won the championship in the last what, 10 years? Without throwing lobs to a center, i mean...

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

@hakeemthagreat with the racists remarks is absolutely embarrassing for this board

BHannes2BHonest and malakas like this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Two half whites have won it recently... or are we just going to pretend all half whites are black? :p

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Spurs basically built a dynasty around European players. Not only the main guys but how many role players from Europe came through their organization to help with Popovic win his championships? Honestly too many to mention.

How many European players show up big in the playoffs like Marco Belinelli or Diaw? Is that not toughness?

I don't know, I guess it depends on what you mean by toughness. Maybe you equate toughness to strength, I don't personally. Dwight isn't a tough player, Dirk is tougher than Dwight has ever been because Dwight will shrink in big moments. CP3 not the strongest players but he is IMO one of the toughest guys in the entire league because when the lights are on and it is time to win big games he puts his heart and soul out there and had he played that game 7 I think the Rockets do win.

Curry is not big and strong but again...he's tough to me because he's not scared of the big moment.

But...I think the Gasol's and Batum were very tough players in their primes. I guess for me toughness is your ability to get through hard situations.

As for the physicality of the playoffs...I don't see how we can know that for Luka or KP...we've never even seen them in the playoffs before...but if they do happen to be chokers in the playoffs it won't have to do with them being European and just the fact that they are chokers. I think European players (and internationals in general) have shown that they can compete in the NBA.

RocketWalta, Vivi and malakas like this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

17. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

wtf wasn't Porzinger a forsure superstar a year ago?

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

The only thing I think is good for Knicks is

Jordan and Matthew will re-sign with Knicks for money in July.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. hakeemthagreat

No I didnt idiot. Ur not very smart btw