1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Just looking at b_allholic's tweets, I think the guy has split personalities and doesn't know he's talking to himself. His source is probably the little voice in his head.

el gnomo likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

@heypartner had pointed it out before me, but yeah, c'mon now

plus him all of the sudden having a source connected to CP3 is convenient

He was also saying that a trade had been agreed to in July. The Knicks were just trying to squeeze that last bit of value out of Ryan Anderson before taking him on themselves around when camp started. If that was actually the case, then Melo would've never expanded his list.

ElPigto likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And he totally missed the scoop on CP3 opting in doing a straight trade. I guess it's because 'holic so loves fanciful SnTs, then he didn't listen to his CP3 source when CP3 was approached by Jerry West about opting-in and doing a trade on less pay.

Reeko likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Yes. You are making nothing out of nothing. He communicated Saturday after the trade that Melo was trolling the Knicks and was going to pull out of agreement. No more contract until Sunday evening. At that point he let me know Melo caved and gave me the backdrop on what happened. No biggie.

The point is what happened here..happens. it's just like Dwight back in 2012 at the deadline. He wanted Brooklyn and was threatening the Magic that he was going to opt out at the end of the season and walk there if they didn't trade him to Brooklyn. Orlando agreed to a trade with us. Trade was locked in. They literally continued Dwight on the plane sitting on the tarmac literally minutes before the deadline and told him that if he didn't sign the waiver to opt in to his contract that they were trading him to Houston. They had the paperwork to send the trade through and they had the waiver for him to sign to opt in.

Up until that time, literally right before the deadline Dwight had waffled back and forth trying to either get traded to Brooklyn or get past the trade deadline without Orlando trading him to Houston. Dwight folded at that moment and signed the waiver, committing to Orlando for the next season. There was zero indication that he would fold. But Orlando lined up the trade and told Dwight it was going down if he didn't opt in. And Dwight caved.

Similar thing happened here. Melo TOLD cp3 he was coming, that he wasn't folding and writing change his mind. Because he didn't have Rudi change his mind. Mills had already agreed to trade him to Houston to keep the peace. And Melo would be a Rocket today if he had simply held firm.

But Perry went the other way and enticed Melo by offering him something he really wanted, the opportunity to close his career out as a Knick on a probable playoff team in a few years. That was a unique approach. And a fantastic decision and it played out Saturday privately. Melo didn't have a chance to discuss it with his buds. He had tutto take it or leave it. And he took it. Story breaks. Imbedded sources are left out in the child for a few hours before the inside scoop about what went down gets to them.

Look, I didn't scoop Melo to Houston. Somebody else did. But I was able to verify it was true with my source. There was no reason to believe Melo would cave. He said he wouldn't. What else can you go on? If that's not the two-yard line, I don't know what is. I did scoop for you right here what happened behind the scenes. Take it or leave it. I don't care. But this is my last post of explanation on it.

It is time to focus on the next big move. We've still got Anderson. What would a package of Anderson, a first rounder, and Capela bring us? Better start discussing it.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

thedreamsteam likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

any package including anderson is likely to bring us multiple months and multiple hundred thread pages worth of headache until in the end absolutely nothing happens and we're still stuck with that contract. how do i know this? because nobody is taking that contract without sending back out their own toxic crap in return.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Start a thread about it and we will discuss. I'm holding out hope for Anthony Davis.

illwil29 likes this.
  8. basketballholic

Ummmmm, for your information, this source gave me the cp3 trade hours before it was announced. I woke up Saturday morning of the trade with a barrage of texts from him about cp3 opting in and being traded here. I actually started passing those texts on to some of my confidants, including a couple members here, and was actually discussing the trade through dms with old @treyk3 when it was announced. @treyk3 actually saw the tweet about it and dm'd me that it went down in the middle of our conversion.

I would have posted that here as a top priority......but guys like you.....have made this message board a third priority for me. I gave it to my buds first. Just like I gave the backdrop of Saturday's trade to them first when I got the info Monday.

Here's the order of priority for my info. I have a small list of private contacts. They get info (limited) first. Then I'll tweet second. Then I'll post here third......if I actually want to. I don't really care to scoop anything for guys like you. You want to be adversarial and question the validity of what I'm doing rather than just digest the info for what it is. So, for that reason this board does not get top priority.

And that's really sad because years ago we had multiple insiders who would scoop info and bring it here first. But over the years guys like you have come in, along with a whole pack of superbrats, and have bullied out a lot of good insiders we used to have, including doc.

Your loss. I don't care. BTW, I will be filtering my Twitter account. If I don't know a follower and they refuse to identify themselves I'll most likely block them if they don't communicate who they are. I'm not going to continue to have my tweets played here like a volleyball distraction between you and the superbrat club.

Take it or leave it.

PS: By the way, your video analysis is very good. I like it. But you piss away all that positive by getting involved in attempting to take down other legit posters. We would all be better off if you stuck with providing solid basketball commentary like you are capable of instead of questioning and demeaning other posters alongside the superbrats.

#13148 basketballholic, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

damn we in 3rd class back of the plane now where the pilot's announcements take longer to reach us. seats don't recline down all the way either so no milehigh club :(

el gnomo and J Sizzle like this.
  10. basketballholic

Superbrats - non-contributing members that deluge post insults and talk about everybody's dicks and what they are doing with them at a ratio of around 10:1 what legit basketball posters post.

When you are posting in concert with these posters you're making this board less desirable to true basketballers. You should know better, @heypartner .

11. basketballholic

And yes, you fit the bill.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My sources still haven't confirmed Melo to OKC. Per the most legit sauce, "Until you see Melo on the court for regular season minutes for OKC, Melo to Rockets is still the likeliest outcome." He later added that if the Clutchfans thread 'Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios' reaches 1,000 pages then the trade will happen ASAP.

13. Progs

Progs Member

holic using white nationalist rhetoric on twitter.

el gnomo likes this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao he Calls people out (me) for doing exactly what you just said. I'm pretty sure if he had his way the dick ratio would be way down. That doesn't change the fact that you are a racist that makes **** up on a message board to feel good about yourself. You can't use dicks as en excuse to be a bigot.

#13154 Pen15clubber, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    el gnomo likes this.
  15. rockets13champs

@Clutch i hate this thread can u please close it

Tfor3 and jamisonrocket like this.
  16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tell us jopat, do these sources often call you in the middle of the night, whilst you clutch your rubio jersey tight, do you see these voices after you turn out the lights, and hear the colors of these personalities just before your daily fictionaly drivel/dribble in surfeit?

el gnomo and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think we can all agree that the Knick got their revenge for the game 7 whipping we gave them.

Oh well, I'll take the ring please.

BHannes2BHonest and jch1911 like this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hate the non contributors too, fam

They leeching free basketball insight from me and free insider info from you. Maybe they should be restricted to a separate sub forum?

basketballholic likes this.
  19. basketballholic

You know something, that's a great idea.

20. Rochut

Rochut Member

Thanks for all the great posts bbholic. They help give context to what went down and is the best explanation I have seen for what actually happened with Carmelo.

As for your question above, I think Cousins creates a lot of matchup problems, but Anderson, a first AND Cappella is a lot of assets to trade away, we should get more.