1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Audioout

Audioout Member

If Cavs want to trade that likely top 5 Brooklyn pick then more power to them. If OKC wants to leverage their future to try and win now then OKC may quickly become the new Brooklyn Nets.

DonKnock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  2. 18pbr

18pbr Member

Real talk, i feel you on this bro. I still have hope we can get Melo but for him to only want the rockets and not budge for three months was dope. My respect level moved up a notch for him doing that.

3. Fantasma Negro

Its a good thing because he "expanded" his list but will only waive his trade kicker for Houston so that means okc or cle will have to drum up 27 mil in attractive player assets to match salaries, Rox number is around 19 mil. So it forces ny to see just how dry the trade market is player wise and take whatever the rox offer. At this point if he's not traded by Monday morning I say he should show up to media day and go full Jim Carey in every interview

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's a whatever thing. Melo was always just to replace Ryno.

Morey may strike out here, that's fine. Happens sometimes. Months from now we'll be talking about Lebron, Cousins, or whoever wants out of their team. Morey doesn't rest, his persistence is what gets these things done.

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, if OKC does this trade it is 2018 or bust.

Basically, any one of those 3 guys can leave and they are then looking at a long rebuilding effort. I'm not too worried about OKC for that reason, I don't see a dynasty there because I don't see that team getting past the Warriors anyways. Two of those guys want to play in L.A (One definitely does) and once that happens why would Melo stay?

OKC does this trade 99% sure it's a one year thing. Karl Malone/Payton Lakers deal here.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's sounding more and more like zach lowe was right, and morey never really wanted melo in the first place.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Morey does, at the right price.

This is the best thing about Morey, his price doesn't change or budge. Teams keep trying to get him to up his price and we always hear these desperation rumors suddenly.

That price is unloading Anderson, and from the sound of it, anyone getting Melo wants to unload their bad contracts to get him, that's his value.

DonKnock, RudyTBag and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if giving up the 2020 pick has been the only point of contention till now, then i'd have to wonder if morey just doesn't think melo will make us any better. but like lowe said, he's had to go through the motions of attempting to acquire melo just to appease CP3

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Could be that. That does seem plausible, not like MDA was a big fan of Melo either.

pippendagimp likes this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

So now Morey doesn't really want Melo or he's just doing it to appease CP3 yet Paul can leave next year and then what?

It's like everyone is jumping to conclusions after today.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Maybe Morey doesn't think Melo is worth risking the pick, afterall he's old, if this season goes sour, which it very well could, we still at least have a pick for the future

pippendagimp likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The only person who folded was Melo ... which is no surprise. With LeBron expected to leave after 2018, Houston is the only legitimate contender. Melo leaving NYC for CLE or OKC is a lateral move and only exposes him as someone who is desperate to get out of NYC. If Melo was legitimately wanting to take his talents to a contender and NYC was unwilling to move him, he would waive his no trade clause, keep his mouth shut and let the NYC trade him. Mid season, he could force whatever team he was sent to make them trade him to the team of his choice...or just wait.

Regardless, Melo has proven he is the same person he has always been. Much like Dwight, whatever team ends up with him will regret it.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

except that this was already discussed here per lowe's discussion well before today

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Where is this confirmed or even suggested that he'll only waive the trade kicker for Houston?

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

at the end of the day time is on the rockets side

we don't really need melo for the regular season just for the playoffs

pretty sure Morey wouldn't mind first seeing how good this roster can be: harden, cp3, ariza, ra, clint, ego, nene, tucker, lmm

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i also wonder if perhaps morey is just saving our capspace and ryno's contract in case something better comes up later in the season, ie. cousins or lebron

17. UrbanEnterprise

I just wanna say that everybody is hyping up the Warriors like they are unbeatable. They are not.

First of all, once again they ran through teams in the playoffs that had key players hurt. The 1st 2 rounds they would have won regardless but both Portland and Utah would have been tougher if healthy.

Also the Spurs were spanking that ass by 20 plus points before Kawhi got hurt. Not saying Spurs would have won the series but it definitely would have been a coin flip with Kawhi healthy.

Now on to the Cavs, with all the drama in the off season with Kyrie & LeBron, it's clear now why they were off sync during the regular season. They still coasted to a 2nd seed but you can see the chemistry was off a bit. Everyone knows the East was weak so they coasted again through the playoffs.

At this point, GS basically played a less hungry Cavs team who was having problems within the group. Easy 4-1 series win.

GS, SA, Houston could have beaten the Cavs in the Finals this past season. so now on to this next season.

Rockets got better and are legit threats to the Warriors even without Melo. Im still very confident in the group we have because I can see through the bs of "Warriors being unbeatable" because they are not.

Now if we add Melo then I'm more than convinced we can beat them. With Anderson, it'll just be tougher but still doable.

18pbr likes this.
  18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Melo on OKC or Cleveland is definitely a big deal. OKC especially, they could use him and if they did get him I would put OKC over Houston easily.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I feel like Blazers fans just write NURKIC in all caps and think they're better than everyone. Guy isn't even top 10.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

who does Cleveland and OKC have to give up for Melo?

has there ever been a straight up 1 for 1 trade where both teams got worse?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zzqef2m