1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I have no idea if the deal is back to where it was. We may be starting from scratch, just pointing out to @dobro1229 that there was a deal framework done where we sent out ryno and no other core pieces that got paused. The never leak rockets even leaked about it they were so mad.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Probably James Dolan veto it, or put a stop to it. Typical of the Knicks. Negotiating parties finalize it and at the last min... nope.

3. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Where was it reported that Melo was practicing in our gym?

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

That can't be true because @dobro1229 continues to confirm that no team wants Anderson because otherwise he would be wrong:rolleyes:

5. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

No doubting you, but this is the 1st I've heard of this. Where was this and how did I miss it?

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Chemistry is important. GS will be even more lethal this season.

Getting Melo at the deadline won't give us enough time to gel. For Anderson? Sure you make the trade, but I don't think we will beat the Warriors.

RocketFan and bawanyh like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm trying to dig up a tweet I found back when this deal was "on the two yard line"

This person had reported pretty accurate information regarding the Rockets in the past and had a blurry image of a certain someone from behind shooting around in our gym. Talk about tampering. Anyways, it seems as if the tweet was deleted, so I retract that statement until I find my proof again

Bobsputin likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Regardless if the deal comes now or at the deadline, we're not beating the Warriors. We need LeBron and possibly Wade and Iso Joe off the bench to beat them.

9. basketballholic

Knicks have already agreed to trade him here. All three parties (Melo, Rockets, Knicks) know it. Knicks have several trade options they can take. All three parties know that. It's simply a matter of which option the Knicks want to take. Knicks have been waiting to see if:

1. Melo may be convinced to change his mind about being traded elsewhere. (Didn't happen. And ain't gonna happen.)

2. If possibly another trade would develop either directly with Melo, Rockets, and another team(s) that would put them in a better cap position

or

3. If possibly a trade could be developed that would allow them to dump Noah for expiring so they could simply buy Melo out for possibly just this year's salary.

Nothing major has materialized and isn't likely to materialize, especially in moving Noah's deal, besides some deal that includes Kristaps or a couple picks going out with Noah. Knicks were hoping Anderson deal could be reconstituted with Noah instead of Melo. But the teams that are willing to take Anderson want no part of Noah instead.

The threat of going to the deadline to see if something greater materializes isn't going to work. Knicks would be risking a Melo injury and him opting into the last year of his deal, which would ruin any chances of them making big moves next summer while still being stuck with Noah's deal.

It's all funneling down to Anderson for Melo with Anderson going elsewhere for expiring salary back to the Knicks. That is if the Knicks don't just wisen up and realize that Kristaps is a 5 man in today's game, and they simply take Anderson as a bonafide cheaper replacement for Melo.

:::::::::::::

Here's what craters Melo to Houston: Memo suffering a major injury in his workouts before trade is completed.

That's where we're at. Don't let dobro98344445 and joshua0312686544 convince you otherwise.

10. bongman

bongman Member

Thats the Mad max shot !

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Melo is pressuring Knicks to go through with trade. To me Melo wants to play in Harden's hoop gathering in a few week as a Rocket. I'd be surprised if Melo isn't a Rocket by then, or shocked if he isn't a Rocket before training camp.

bawanyh likes this.
  12. basketballholic

I think the alleged practice being referred to was the guys hanging out in Vegas together, not at TC.

13. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Side Note:

Since it is just the players going to the Bahamas Training camp, can Melo join them there without getting in trouble?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I buy this - - to an extent. And I want to be a buyer. I am convinced, and have stated often, there will be a deal. I've wondered at what cost, tho???

15. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

or maybe the deal gets done and he is traded to rockets by then and go with them without any fear

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can promise you that Melo hasn't come down to work out at Toyota Center.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Prob w/the framework was that it was not Perry's framework.

justtxyank and DonKnock like this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Or did that joke bypass yours?

19. 1Deep

1Deep Member

C'mon man. They ain't that good. We get Melo without giving up Ariza or Gordon and we can compete with them. We may not beat them in a 7 game series but it'll be a damn competitive 7 game series.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, that sounds ridiculous