1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

dave mcmenamin looks like a pedophile. does anyone else agree? I don't trust anything he says.

[​IMG]

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

WTF.. don't men have it bad enough? calling a dude out as a pedophile with literally nothing as evidence other than his face. You just went down in my manjudgement. If you do nothing wrong, you shouldn't be charged for awful things.

3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

you're an effing tool. go the hell away. You know nothing. I dont care if we still have anderson. I think our team is good. Id rather have melo but its not going to be an easy deal to make. You still know nothing and are here why? if you were so right then why do you even have to show your face right now?

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Who dat

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here's his thinking, imho.

BimaThug is saying that any trade to produce cap room with the purpose of using it would occur before using the Room exception, since the Room exception can still be used after using all your cap room first. ie. odd to eat into cap space by using exception money, first.

He reminds us here that, technically, a Melo trade could produce upwards of $27m in savings

Overall, I agree with Reeko. I don't quite see the connection here that BimaThug is trying to make. It's like Bima is saying what once might have been imminent for free-agency, cap-clearing reasons (back in early July), isn't anymore. OK, but I never really viewed it as a cap-clearing trade for this summer vs NYKs actually want better players/picks in the trade.

That prediction by Bima is same as tweets of "Sources: Trade is imminent", except Bima is using CBA Rules to dispel the imminency. Doesn't mean the trade can't happen tomorrow....unless we are to believe NYK viewed it only as a cap-clearing maneuver...for using space this year.

Like others, is Bima thinking too hard about the Baker signing, and trying to tie everything together with the Melopause?
    fwiw: Capspace has value independent of signing a free agent. For instance, you could trade for expiring contracts with no salary in return, thus deferring the capspace to the following summer. You could also eat unwanted contracts by demanding picks in return. You could grease all sorts of trades with that space.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He is the sauce yo

DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  7. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I'm not sure what we're offering besides Anderson, but if picks is what is holding us back, sure I'm not as good at this as Morey, but I might think about throwing 2 firsts in. What are the chances that they're high picks for us anyway? Throw in a bit of a sweetener. Their new gm really seems to have thrown a wrench into this deal.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The nets would hire you in a heart beat, playa playa!

sammy likes this.
  9. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

3 after 3 after 3 and those passes were beautiful.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I feel like the Knicks are unduly holding the Rockets hostage and making ransom demands. Since when is it Morey's job to do their dirty laundry and find suitors for the garbage they have accumulated on their roster?

The Knicks front office has two peas for brains and deserve a thorough flogging for this nonsense.

I hope once this saga is over and Melo is finally traded, the Knicks pay a heavy price. Perhaps, the president of the players union can direct other star players to avoid the Knicks at all cost.

11. rocketseagles07

1. They're already a joke 2. I still don't understand this way of thinking because they don't want to give us melo for nothing.

Anyways... if someone taking Noah is part of it this just gets even more ridiculous and probably impossible to get done. I'm sure Morey had a nice healthy laugh at that bs

Fullcourt likes this.
  12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Damn @Codman droppin bombs tonight

D-rock, DonKnock and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Not that it would happen, but this works on TradeMachine....

HOU: Melo (NYK)
    3rd star + more enticing for LBJ + even more legit challenge to GSW

NYK: Favors (UTH) + Burks (UTH) + Johnson (UTH) + Aldrich (MN) + Bjelica (MN) + Patton (MN) + Taylor (HOU) + Long (HOU) + Quarterman (HOU) + Onuaku (HOU) + 2018 2nd MEM / CHA / POR (via HOU) + $3M cash (HOU)
    Clears ton of cap space in 2018 + young talent (Burks, Patton) (expirings & cheap underlined) Knicks buy-out JJo so he can sign with contender.

MN: Noah (NYK) + 2020 1st from HOU (lottery protected) + 2019 1st from NYK (top 10 protected)
    Gets the "band" back together (Noah + Butler + Thibs) while adding Teague + Wiggins + Towns + Dieng.

UTH: Anderson (HOU) + Lee (NYK)
    3 point shooting (Anderson, Lee, Ingles) to surround Gobert & Rubio.

IJS :p

14. Manos

Manos Member

Maybe instead of Morey finding a team to take Noah or Anderson, he should be spending his time finding a team to hire Hinkie. Once Hinkie's GM, then we finish the trade.

15. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Codman you see this melo to houston still happening?

16. rockets13champs

@Codman

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I know that cap space has uses other than just signing someone, but he mentioned NY opening up 5-7 mil in space this summer by swapping Melo with Ryno. I don't see that amount of space being all that valuable at this point in time whether it be for a trade or a free agent signing. Plus, the Knicks taking Ryno hasn't been an option.

NY could open up more space in a 3 team deal, but NY doesn't seem to find taking back bad, long term contracts for picks that appealing. Would they be able to find a team that would give them an expiring contract plus assets? Nobody really thinks a Melo trade is imminent anyways. Closer to training camp is when most people feel a deal may happen, but that's still weeks away. So yeah, like u said, he's probably thinking too hard about this.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Bima thinking too logical.. it’s the Knicks bro.

sirjesse, mockster and DonKnock like this.
  20. rockets13champs

Bima is one of us. He just a fan

Bids9, DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.