1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Doesn't change the fact no one want Anderson

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Let's all just agree that we don't really know anything and stop making declarative statements?

Other than jopat, none of us know what's going on behind the scenes.

I'm sure everyone here would have said "the pacers aren't trading Paul george for oladipo"

Deuce, Tha_Dude, rocketman84 and 4 others like this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yep. I'm waiting to hear some communication come from his camp in the next 24 hours. We will hear something from Lebron's camp as well I'm sure.

If Lebron is still on for a one-year title run and then worry about free agency next Summer, it will be telling for what happens with Melo.

However if he's ONLY open to being traded to Houston I don't know what New York will handle that.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Told you guys to take out Osweiler, MFer threw an interception on the 2 yard line.

5. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

6. RyanB

RyanB Member

Can he decide where he wants to be traded?

7. Joshua0312

Joshua0312 Member

Ok, you can take this or leave it, frankly i dont care. If you start digging enough over the years you pick up a thing or two from people in the know. I'm not on great terms with a certain person but they are someone who would know. This will be my last post but I am going to tell you what I know based on a conversation I had a few days ago with this person. I am on the west coast and there is an assistant to a GM out here that talks a lot and isn't really a good guy but that's a different story. I know based on his info that the Knicks are not wanting to deal with the rockets anymore. Perry and Mills are butthurt dealing with morey and feel like the bad end of a terrible joke. They will let this go on all season if it means Carmel does not go to Houston from them. They want capela and picks to facilitate a 3 way deal with another east team to take Anderson. Morey said no to capela. With the kyrie news "breaking" over the past week the Cavs and Knicks have been in multiple talks for melo and he has already confirmed he would go to Cleveland but for only one year. He said Knicks management is not taking phone calls from Houston until they clear their path with Cleveland first. Again, I don't care if you believe it or not. I love clutchfans but frankly you guys take bad news very terribly, as do I really. This is what I know, melo to Houston is pretty dead at this point. Would take a miracle to get it done. Morey has two backup plans to melo but I only know 1. Capela would be the piece moving in that deal too tho so time will tell.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No

RyanB likes this.
  9. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I wonder if Kyrie would have asked for trade before the CP3 deal, would the Cavs have traded him for CP3 straight up

10. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Melo has a say, Kyrie doesn't. Kyrie only asked to be sent to one of those teams. But the Cavs can trade him anywhere.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Screw the Blazers, make the Cavs the fourth team.

I dont know who the third team to be to take Anderson, but let Knicks take Kyrie, bring Melo here, send pick to Cleveland maybe?

Ah **** it, Melo is going to Cleveland.

12. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Plot twist: Melo traded for Kyrie, Lebron leaves next year for Houston, Melo left in Cleveland with Love.

RyanB likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Irving for Anthony makes no sense for the Cavs.

They get significantly worse, they get significantly older. Love for Melo would have been really stupid, Irving for Melo would be crack pipe r****ded.

14. Mr. Motiejunas

I'm just pissed off at everything NBA right now. UGH!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Literally Cleveland can get so many more assets from other teams, since Kyrie wants his own team. If Cleveland does this I really do hope Lebron leaves next year.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. Kendrick Lamar

it's not about what the cavs want, it's about what Lebron wants. You do what you can to keep Lebron from leaving. If Melo is your only shot at that, they'll jump on it, even if it means they get "worse".

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  17. Kendrick Lamar

This sends shivers down my spine, as it's possible that if Melo is traded to Cleveland, I wonder what CP3 will do.

Worst case for these teams is that Lebron, Melo, and CP3 all bolt for LA.

We are cursed. Don't think Melo comes here anymore fellas.

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I've been killed to tampering expectations too, and this should be noted assuming Joshua is in the know. Last week when Perry was hired, and halted trade talks I felt like that was it for talks with Houston. Houston wasn't magically going to acquire more tradeable assets, and wasn't going to put Capela (and probably not Ariza/AG) in a deal for Melo so its done.

I do agree too that it would be a total "Knicks-like" move to bring Melo into camp in a potentially dramatic/toxic scenario. I believe they will totally bring him back if he doesn't expand his list to other teams with more to offer.

As a Rockets fan who wanted Melo myself, and is disappointed that they couldn't get a deal done... reality needs to set in, and its time to move on.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Your OP was vague; let's see how this all plays out.

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

It wouldn't surprise me if melo stays in NY if they get kyrie.

Or melo accepts a trade to Cleveland and CP3 goes to Cleveland next year.

Morey needs to trade Capela NOW.