1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks re-sign J.R. Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2013.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

He hasn't signed yet. With Evans getting 11M, I would be pissed if I were JR getting the 6th man award and not even making what Redick signed for.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm not sure why folks are shocked. I think its the reputation around the league that is keeping him from getting more money.

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

he's getting the max under early bird rights. If the knicks were under the cap i'm sure his agent would've demanded more.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

This is why I love JR. He went to China during the lockout, signed for peanuts for the remanining of the lock-out shortened season, signed for something like only 2 million last season despite being as talented and explosive as anyone in the league, and now is only signing for what a one-dimensional player like Kyle Korver is signing for.

Great guy I'd loved to have on the Rockets.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

looks like morey failed this time.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

http://m.cbssports.com/s/36896/24?a...&newsType=arena&arenaAbbr=nba&platform=webapp

7. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Don't know what you guys are smoking but I wouldn't pay J.R. Smith more than $4 million per. Wouldn't give him a 4 year deal either.

8. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

he was pretty decent giving them 18.1 points per game. The problem was him chunking up too many shots which he always do. I never seen him average more than 2 assists per game. Sometimes he will get you a good game sometimes he wont but for jr smith I would pay that price to get him back

9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they signed him for that much? Wtf thats actually a good deal.

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Come on guys, we all know that Dolan will pay him more under the table ;)

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

He is signing those deals because he has no choice. You don't actually think he is turning down money do you?

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

That's a great deal for the Knicks. We all knew he wanted to re-sign but the Knicks are cash strapped and way over the cap. Only so much they can offer Smith.

I don't believe all JR could've got was 6 mill/year after being the 6th man of the year. He definitely turned down more money to play where he wanted to retire. He played in China for 2 mill (and didn't get half of it) so I don't think its implausible Smith just playing for less money.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

J.R. Smith has surgery on left knee

The New York Knicks have announced Sixth Man Award winner J.R. Smith has had patellar tendon surgery and an arthroscopy for a tear in the lateral meniscus of his left knee.

The Knicks said Smith's injuries, which were treated at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City by team orthopedist Dr. Answorth Allen, were chronic and gradually worsened. His recovery time is approximately three to four months, which could make him available between Oct. 15 and Nov. 15 -- near the start of the 2013-14 season.

A league source told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks were aware Smith likely would need surgery for his left knee, which started bothering him during the playoffs. At the time, he had fluid in his left knee, according to a source. Last week, he re-signed with the Knicks for four years, $24.7 million.

"Re-signing J.R. was one of our primary goals this offseason, and we are thrilled to have him back," Knicks general manager Glen Grunwald said in a statement. "He made great strides this past season with his consistent play off the bench for us, and we look forward to his continued growth."