1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks Look Good

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SacTown, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The Heat do have some older players on the roster (so do the Knicks, same team age really) But can see how an older team wouldnt want to go through those kinda rigors, wearing themselves out over a mini-protested game.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Knicks so far are doing it with DEFENSE

After 2 games they had the 2nd best defensive rating in the NBA, and had the 3rd best offensive rating. And they just won their last game by identical score to their first 2 games. So right now Knicks have to be #1 in an NBA "power" rank.

3. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Can't wait till Amare comes back and everything goes back to crap. Hopefully he gets to put up at least 16/8 so my fantasy team wins some more.

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

He's such a defensive liability, they're better off turning him into a sixth man and limiting him to more than 30 minutes.

They won't, though. It would make too much sense.

5. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

*no more than 30 minutes

Also cover every fire extinguisher from the locker room to the court.

6. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Not very interesting fact: Last season I said and bet that whichever team gets T. Chandler would be in the finals. I was wrong.

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Amare is gonna screw everything up. He doesn't bring anything to the team they already dont have

8. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Nobody is gonna pay $20 mil for a bench player

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It seems Melo is simply more useful as a PF than he is as a SF. His range and quickness as a 4 is more of a weapon than his size and strength advantage as a 3.

I wonder if Marcus "Melo with Defense" Morris is the same way.

10. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

No GM is stupid enough to trade for anything but expiring contract Amare anyway.

They might as well try to find value for him within their current offensive schemes.

We already know that Amare is a huge proponent of the matador defense. The Knicks have to realize they can't be doing that for 38 minutes per.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

12. Postcall

Postcall Member

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think Toronto would take it. Colangelo drafted Amar'e, they upgrade their PF spot, and it doesn't hurt their cap situation.

I think the Knicks are the ones who would refuse. They lose on talent, only cut a tiny bit of salary, and on top of it, Amar'e is still marketable, and the Knicks care about that. Bargnani not so much.

And obviously the Hawks, no idea why they'd do that.