1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin hasn't been playing particularly well but anybody saying that they would want Felton over him is crazy. Felton was projected to be a better PG than Deron Williams!! Also Felton just went to the gym to lift weights for the FIRST time in his career this season. Is this the kind of guy you want as your starting PG? I would take Lin's poor shooting but insane work ethic any day.

2. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

So here's what the NY Post went with today, after trying to stir the pot and manufacture drama with Felton's comments yesterday and make it seem like Jeremy Lin was garbage.

[​IMG]

They are such a bunch of fickle jock riders at that paper.

3. Luca

Luca Member

They're really rubbish paper that you don't want to read.

4. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I notice they haven't stopped with the Lin puns, either.

Don't ever stop Lin punning, NY Post.

It will never get sad and pathetic and old to us. Not ever.

5. Akim523

Akim523 Member

That's your fault for reading NY Post

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Amen!

7. SunsRocketsfan

Really? Who projected felton would be bettter than williams???? Source?
    Im pretty sure williams went 3 and felton at 5 in the 2005 draft.

Also where is the source that felton lifted weights for the first time? Source?

Thx

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Raymond Felton: in just 33 mpg - 15.8ppg, 7 apg, 44.6fg%, 45.1% 3pt.

Jeremy Lin in 34 mpg - 10.2ppg, 6.1apg, 34.8%fg, 24.3% 3pt

Raymond Felton is simply stating a fact. It should be a slap to his face that a reporter even asked him this question.

9. SunsRocketsfan

Ok nm. I saw the quote on his working out

Still i agree lin will try to maximize his talents while felton is more naturally gifted

Undrafted vs top 5 pick. But at this point felton is the better player making half of what lin is making

10. kent335

kent335 Member

What does that say about Felton? A lottery pick that didn't pan out if he's making less than Lin.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Felton admitted it himself & it was broadcasted in one of the recent Knicks games. The source in regards to Felton projected to being a better PG than Deron was from a Nets beat writer. Can't find the link. Believe me if you want to or not. I hve been watching Felton for a few years now & have never been high on him. Ask Portland fans about Felton. Or ask Denver fans. Denver traded Felton for ANDRE MILLER, old man Miller for a reason! I would take Lin over him any day. The fact that people compare Lin to Fetlon, Lin who went undrafted & Felton a top 5 pick is testament on how much felton has underachieved in his career.

12. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Better offensively but defensively Lin is better. He had 7 rebounds which is tied with Tyson Chandler and more than any other Knicks.

13. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

u better believe the next game at MSG the knicks will be out for blood and will be taking some cheap shots cuz they were embarrassed so badly by a young team. Circle that game on your calendar....LOL

14. VanityHalfBlack

Individual stats don't mean **** when you get beat by 20-30 pts in a losing effort...

15. t_mac1

The Knicks are one of the better defensive teams in the league.

Lin is a better rebounder, and that's a fact too. But post asks if Felton is "no doubt better than Lin." The answer is yes.

I posted THE ENTIRE SEASON's stats so far. But it's nice you go by individual games.

16. VanityHalfBlack

He didn't do **** last night, that's for sure...
    Failton -13
    Linsanity +24

17. t_mac1

No I know why the GARM is so messed up after EVERY game.

18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

They just got exposed last night. Kidd and Felton can't keep quicker guards in front of them. Harden looked like he was able to walk to the rim. Melo's defensive effort is inconsistent and Chandler got Asik and destroyed. I think the Knicks were just playing hard early in the season because they had something to prove. They wanted to show that they were better without Lin or else the NY media would get on them.

19. t_mac1

Knicks were never that good. They were making a ton of shots earlier and defended (like Dallas mini hot start). I never bought into the hype. But they are better without Jeremy Lin. That's unquestioned. They're just not the best team in the league like many are clamoring. They'll do well in the East b/c the Pacers/Bulls suck (unless their stars return) and the Celtics are a year older.

20. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Lins shots will eventually start falling and he will get more confidence in his knee and the lanes should open up.I still think he is going to be overpaid but he isn't going to be this bad.at least he is a hard worker and he can get better.Ill take him over punk ass Felton any day.