1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Lin was figuratively literal.

2. Exel

Exel Member

You serious? You're saying AJ Price is playing well, but Jeremy is playing terribly? Have you seen AJ's stats? Sure AJ is shooting the 3 ball a lot better, but other than that, the stats are quite comparable. Is that how you judge a point guard's play? By his three point shooting percentage? Smh.

Oh, this is AJ's 4th season, while Lin is playing in his third.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

So, Lin is a choke artist for all time unless he plays well in one game?

:rolleyes:

4. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Hey Woodson, just for this game, can you let Jeremy play the way he is comfortable? No spot up 3pt. Let him facilitate. Win or lose. Let him do his thing just to get his confidence back. It's just one game.

Who knows, it may pave the way for the Rockets to regain it's investment back. For now, it's slowly going down the drain.

Woodson, be creative.

Just one game.

5. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Have you seen him play or are you just looking at stats like everyone else? The stats aren't comparable at all. Reason why, he handles the ball every play setting up the offense and only turns it over 1.7 times a game. Lin rarely handles the ball and Harden set up the offense and Lin still has 2.8 turnovers a game. There is a stat for you.

6. kozmo

kozmo Member

If Lin were scoring 15 a game he would be an allstar....hes averaging 10...it will happen

7. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Absolutely in this forum of overreacting posters. :p

In fact, if Felton outplays Lin, I predict that we will see at least 5 more threads about Lin being the worst PG in Rockets history.

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

But if Lin outplays Felton, we'll see at least 5 more threads about Lin being the greatest PG in Rockets history.

There's no winning here.

Sorry I mean Linning here. ;)

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Melo is so full of himself. I am so glad we did not get Melo. In fact, out of every player we have been in the running for (Melo, Bosh, Gasol, Dwight, Bynum...) I'm VERY glad we ended up with Harden.

10. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Being an All-Star means nothing when fans vote you in. Melo started last year and Josh Smith didn't even make the team. Josh Smith was putting up the best #'s in the East outside of LeBron at forward and Melo was injured half the season.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know it isn't really any great revelation, but it really just struck me the other day how incredibly unprofessional the NY sports media is. Sports figures are entirely dependant on on the media members' feelings about and personal relationship with them. I guess because they've been doing it for so long, and because it is 'only' sports, nobody cares. But in any other segment of the media, if someone started acting like they do, the media in question would be collectively run out on a rail.

Serously, they make Fox News appear 'fair and balanced'.

The other thing is, the Rockets aren't going anywhere this year anyway. You've got the Jeremy Lin experiment for three years. At this point it should be about nurturing and growth. And shooting a jumper is definately something you can learn if a) you are a willing student and b) you are willing to put the work in in the gym. Those two things are, I believe, among Jeremy Lin's greatest strengths.

A good example is Drexler. The guy completely couldn't shoot early in his career, but was unwilling to admit that he couldn't shoot. I think even after they got him together with Kiki Vandweigh (sp?) he wouldn't publically admit a problem. But once he was willing to check his pride and put in.the.work, the right coach turned him into a good shooter. I think it took a couple of summers, but that's OK.

IMO, the Rockets need to get involved, getting Lin away from the shooting coach who seems to have done nothing for him and then figuring out who is literally the best shooting doctor in the world is and getting him together with Lin. The plus with Lin is that he won't need the same ego check Drexler needed.

If Lin did develop a consistent 'J', is there anybody who still thinks he would be a horrible PG? I mean, he wouldn't be perfect - he'd still have issues with defense, and he'd need to work on the turnovers, but there aren't too many players who don't need some work.

For me, the bottom line is that both the Rockets and Lin should be viewed at this point as developmental projects. And as a developmental project, what is happining inside his head makes Lin a better bet than the prototypical 'developmental' player like Stro Swift, or Eddie Curry, who both eclipse Lin in talent, but who are either to dumb or lazy to do anything about it.

1 person likes this.
  12. Lihao

Lihao Member

what the f...... :confused:

13. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I don't want to blow your mind or get political here, but the NY Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch, who also owns Fox News.

The similarities are not a coincidence.

14. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

die hard LOF coming out closet :p

15. amaru

amaru Member

Felton is clearly better at this point

16. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

you mean woodson is not our coach? :grin: hey its only 4 letters wrong.

17. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Couldn't agree more on everything you said.

I too want the Rockets to develop and play rookies this season and not care too much about getting into the playoffs because frankly the chances are very small especially without another piece of big man in the paint to do PnR.

The problem is, as other people have already mentioned, Sampson is using his current role to audition for his head coach job in NBA and will do everything to win every game, even if it means at the cost of not developing our players.

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

throwing up a lot of bricks though...:)

19. Lihao

Lihao Member

[​IMG]

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Hmm, not really, Raymond. Not really.