1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. jvu

jvu Member

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Copeland is 29?

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Damn he is, even their rookies are old.

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Pablo is 35. LOL

I like him though.

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

My dear God, he's shooting more than any pg except Westbrook and Irving?

6. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

My dear God, he's shooting more than any pg except Westbrook and Irving?

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

It's what Woodson wanted ... NOT

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

9. Dei

Dei Member

Born: March 17, 1984

Well I'll be.

10. manning

manning Member

i don't hate Felton...but why do people always compare Felton and Lin?
    Felton is in his eighth year! people should compare him to D. William ,cp3 or other experienced players...Lin played only 89 games (2040 mins)...
    Give Lin at least a season to prove himself and adapt to the new system.

11. Sherlockfever

Sherlockfever Rookie

I wanted Felton to fail to prove that Lin was better and to have Knicks' fans hate him and miss Lin, until I came to this forum.

Here same thing happened, only my beloved become your behated ^--^

I was laughing to myself.

Then I watched a few of Felton's interviews. Sounds like a decent guy.

12. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Watched the Knick game yesterday and Felton was 3/12 with 7 points before he started padding his stats with 5 mins. left in the game, and ended with 23 points

13. ada32

ada32 Member

Since Felton is an experienced PG, the correct comparision are with Deron Williams, CP, etc.

I am in the camp of McHale. Jeremy will be fine or as Tony Parker told Houston Chronicle:

“His shot will come,” Parker said. “Me too. I couldn’t hit a shot at the beginning of my career. I was still able to go to the basket. His shot will improve. It will help, definitely, his game. Definitely. When I start making the outside jumper on a consistent basis, that’s when I was more consistent with my performance.”

“It’s his first full year,” Parker said. “There is a lot of attention on him. I think you have to be patient with his growth. When I first came into the league, I was a little raw. I was very aggressive. At the same time, I had to learn the point guard position and when to score, when to pass and try to find that happy middle, find the balance. I think Jeremy Lin is at that point. He’s trying to find his position on the team. And he needs to fit with another guy who is very aggressive with James Harden. I had to do the same thing when I had Manu Ginobili being super aggressive. You have to find your spots. He will.”

Source: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/tony-parker-says-jeremy-lin-reminds-him-of-a-young-tony-parker/

14. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

And Felton was all smile at the end. Probably very happy about his personal points total. Compare that to Lin looking sad after scoring 38 in a loss to the Spur.

Anyway, I think it's time to close this thread. Felton had two chances to prove he's better than Lin, and failed. We won't play the Knicks again this year unless it's the finals, but I don't think the Knicks will make it that far :grin:

Lin's moved on, Knicks moved on.

A NEW AGE.

15. zdrav

zdrav Member

Felton with another gem tonight in which he made 25% of his shots and cost him team the game.

16. Arthurprescott2

In the 3rd quarter, he tried for a floater in the lane 3 straight possessions; one of them from 15 ft out. Yea he's injured his hand but that's unacceptable. Kidd is the PG for that team - Felton is just a herky-jerky chucker in bowling-ball form that merely shares the court w/ that team.

17. breakmon

breakmon Member

I agree. The Knicks are in a pretty bad spot right now. With how old their team is, they have a very narrow window for the ship. Because they have Felton, their chances of winning it this year are - in my opinion - next to zero. They needed a point guard with real talent, but chose Felton instead. If they had signed Lin I believe they would have had a legitimate shot at winning the Larry O'Brien trophy. As it is, they have too many chuckers. Melo is good, but JR is terrible. Chandler is being underutilized because Felton has no clue how to set him up (his alley-oops were blocked multiple times today). Kidd is still pretty good, but old.

I feel bad for Knicks fans.

18. ERC

ERC Member

In all honesty I feel kind of bad for Felton. It wasn't his fault that the Knicks chose not to match Houston's offer to Lin. Besides, after a disastrous year in Portland, the one team with which he had played really well for the year before wanted to sign him; if I were him I'd jump on the opportunity to leave Portland as well.

BTW, we don't hate Lin (well, at least most of us don't). For someone who practically lives under the spotlight, it's understandable that everything Lin does gets scrutinized/critiqued. His struggles early in the season obviously didn't help either.

19. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Why? The Knicks are still playing great and they are still happy with Felton probably.

20. ERC

ERC Member

Hmm... from the little I read on Twitter, Felton gets trolled hard in Knicks forum now that his shooting has 'regressed to the mean'.

I'm indifferent to Felton as a player, but feel bad that he gets lots of hatred from both those who are angry that Knicks let Lin go AND those die-hard Knicks fans who desperately want him to out-perform Lin.