1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Best quote I have seen for a while!

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Gladly, if it means more Rocket Wins.

3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Thanks. I appreciate it. Felton is a doughnut eating chucker. I can't stand him. LOL

4. lwlee

lwlee Member

I came across this article today. It does seem that Felton was playing above his level for the first month but has slowly reverted to his mean.

Not saying Felton isn't good. I do think he's probably a better fit for Melo-led Knicks team. But even the Knicks forums complain about how many shots he takes.

That comparison of Raymond Felton and Jeremy Lin, Updated

5. joepu

joepu Member

The way felton is playing right now, i can see him going to the bench when shumpert gets bsck.

6. just a word

just a word Member

Do the Knicks even have any elite perimeter defenders besides Shump? Because Kidd is too slow at this point and Felton can't really be said to be elite, and Prigi is only a rookie (as well as getting old).:confused:

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

8. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Brewer? I don't know.

Shump is coming back from ACL surgery too. Don't know how that will affect his lateral quickness.

9. just a word

just a word Member

Ohhh good point. Granted, part of Shump's effectiveness was his quick hands and long arms (and his hands are huge), but conditioning the muscles around the knee would be interesting.

I think it would be less an issue of pure quickness/explosiveness, which comes more from the hamstrings, as it would for directional changes (ie. compensating for fakes), which comes from more around the knees.

I mean it took Lin up to even now to get that conditioning back and he didn't have nearly as bad an injury. (Granted, he seems to be on-track with how long it took Chris Paul to come back from a similar injury to Lin's)

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Ive been hard on the dude but i have to give him credit. He is starting to play a lot better. I hope he can keep it up on this monster road trip we are bout to hit. Lin has such good character that if someone wants him to fail, there has to be something wrong with them.

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

A very fair article. It's possible for some players to play well with a chip on his shoulder, but not many can continue for a full season based on this alone. It has to come from within. Felton's inner-mentality is to take the easy/lazy contested 2pt shots as opposed to work hard to get into the paint to create contact or higher percentage shots.

He also did well for roughly half a season under D'Antoni, but reverted back to his true self.

I recall reading an article where Felton said he worked out religiously for the first time in his career in the offseason. FIRST TIME in CAREER at 29, and only after a disastrous couple of seasons, returning to Knicks and trying to take on Linsanity.

12. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Fatty Felton with 7 points, 0 assists, and 4 turnovers in 25 minutes of a humiliating loss to the Bulls.

Felton's ceiling = Jeremy Lin's floor comments now more apt than ever.

13. zazinteractive

Damn. I have him on fantasy basketball

14. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Kirk Hinrich 16 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, and 4-5 from 3 so far :eek:

15. ada32

ada32 Member

Ray Felton is in much better shape than last year, but he loves his cup cales too much. In my book, in some area, they are even but over all below Lin.

[​IMG]

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Dude has a history of getting worse as the season goes on. I'd probably trade him after his next good game if I were you.

18. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

man felton has man chi chis.

19. kozmo

kozmo Member

The Knicks are slow and old and shump is their only chance. Ive been saying this all year. Let Melo have his 35 but take away everyone else which is easy and you will beat them. Kidd is SOOOOOO Slow.... they have been falling for a month....they will be out no later than second round