1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks' Felton says no doubt he’s better than Rockets' Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

What was Felton's shooting percentage in that game ? Anybody know? He missed soo many shots.

2. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

What's your take on these numbers? Do you think Felton is better based on them?

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

FGM-A 3PM-A +/- points
    felton : 6-11 4-6 -13 17
    jeremy lin : 6-12 1-2 +24 13

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

No. I think he doesn't make a difference in any of the games he has played in his NBA career. Or so many on here claims.

To your point, overall this year, Lin shouldn't be in the discussion with Felton.

1 person likes this.
  5. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Melo is still red hot today. 10-18 and 4-5 from 3pt line. Pass to Melo = automatic assist. Other than that, nothing special.

6. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

mind you in watched this game with very very low hopes , i doubt the rockets , lin's contribution. Man was I pleasantly surprised!

Lets move on folks. NEXT game. the rocket machine is not broken, just needs to be tuned.

7. t_mac1

What about passing to James Harden and Parsons?

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

that's the thing about the Knicks, They live and die by Melo. The rest of the players are just sidekicks all of them. Melo offensive is 95% on all the time. Which is amazing . Alot of it is about weather Melo wants to do defense. Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. It's not about ability. I reckon it's about weather he wants to or not. :rolleyes:

9. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

You missed my point. I was suggesting that Felton's numbers are really not relevant to Lin's numbers even they play against each other.

In Saturday's game, Felton made a point to outplay Lin when he should really be focusing on his team outplaying Rockets. Of course many of our LOFs were elated not because Houston won but in their eyes Lin outplayed Felton.

Are they any different from Melo going iso on every play?

10. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Felton is the guy who brings the up most of the time as a pg in the Knicks while Lin is sharing the pg position with Harden here. That's why Harden has such a high ast rate as well as to rate.

Anyway assist is not Lin's problem right now. He is definitely capable of running the offense as we've already seen.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Ok let's back up from the whole Lin and Felton thing for a second.

Can you explain to me how a point guard outplays his opposing player but does not contribute to helping his team win?

That is after all essentially what you are saying when you say that Felton was just focused on outperforming Lin rather than helping his team win.

Like that legit makes ZERO sense :confused:

12. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

Sorry it seems i was taken away far too much trying to say there is more than statistics to every player...some describe it as charisma, leadership etc chemistry builder or whatever lin simply has that good energy whatever his numbers for the night...i wouldnt trade him for cp3 now

13. t_mac1

We're talking about overall production, not about numbers by game or possession. The stats I brought up for Felton today were in response to many LOFs who claim Felton puts up "empty" stats.

And I disagree with Felton was the reason the Knicks lost. The Lin/Felton matchup was irrelevant (Lin had 4 points/2 turnovers/2 assists in the first half when our team already built a 15 point lead). Chandler Parsons and Harden were the reasons the Knicks lost.

And why do you think that is so? The Knicks also have Jason Kidd on their starting backcourt, one of the best PGs to ever play the game.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Me too Lin is worth at least 2 Cp3's because of his positive energy.

15. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

....wow

16. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

No, that's not what I was saying.

I don't think any one player can play one on five and wins the game by himself. I brought up Felton's obsession over Lin because he was becoming as tunnel-visioned as many of our LOFs here.

Yes, stellar plays from any single player contribute to the win but no one player is the reason why a team wins.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Im just not sure how a pg besting the other team's pg is not at least somewhat focused on his team's success as well.

That's what i'm a bit confused on

18. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

I don't think so. I watched the game.

19. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Did I say Felton was the reason Knicks lost? Of course I didn't. I said Felton shouldn't be focusing so much on his individual stats.

There are far too many reasons why Knicks lost on Saturday. Hot shooting by Parsons and Harden was one of them. Knicks playing no defense was probably the most important one.

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Really? You seriously think that Felton's focusing on besting Lin is in the best interest of NYK?

Now I am really confused. :confused: