1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks draft pick starting to become valuable ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

It's all over now. The Knicks are more likely to be a top ten team than the Mavs.

In a great draft we are likely only to get the 20th pick this year. That's it. Sucky night

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since about the start of the NCAA tournament I've seen several stories about how disappointing this draft class is turning out to be relative to the expectations that existed before the season. The gist seems to be that it is certainly not a bad class, but decidedly average to a bit above average.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You can't be serious. The Mavs are only two games behind the Hawks, Orlando and Boston for the 10th spot. They own the tie breaker against Boston and Orlando and if they beat the Hawks in their upcoming matcup with them they have the tie breaker against them too. Orlando hasn't been playing well so it is very possible that the Mavs can make up a two game lead on them. As I mentioned earlier, the Mavs have one game left against the Hawks so if they can win that they only have to do one game better than the Hawks in their remaining 7 to pass them. Boston is probably playing too well for them to catch them though. It is very possible for the Mavs to catch Orland and Atlanta and grab that 10th spot. As far as the Knicks go, they have to jump so many teams to get to the 10th spot that it is laughable to think that they can.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Actually, I highly doubt the pick falls that low. NYK currently has the 14th worst (or 16th best) record- tied with PHX. There are 4 games between them and the teams currently projected for the 20th pick (tied) and plenty of teams between them.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do the tiebreakers count in picks, too? I think it is only used for playoff seeding and home court.

For draft purpose, I think they use a coin flip (or die roll if 3 way) if records are tied. Could be interesting since it looks like there might be some ties this year.

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's actually a random draw I thought it was head to head, my mistake.

7. stmeph

stmeph Member

Rumblings so far would indicate that there's one bona fide franchise player -- almost certainly Anthony Davis -- but after that, the draft is really not as loaded or deep as the hype has indicated since 2011.

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Thomas Robinson is going to be fantastic in the NBA.

Guys like Kendall Marshall are going later than they would have in any of the past 3-4 years, so yes, it is a deep draft. There's only been one 1984. I suspect this one will line up well with '96.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

Is Philly really about to lose to New Jersey? Really?

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Philly is

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5gqT6En2O78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

At home.

Forget about Milwaukee, Philly is not going to finish ahead of NY. The pick is doomed.

12. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Might as well lose big and get a pick ourselves, Rockets are not going to win any round in the playoffs.

13. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

It's been strange this season rooting against the Knicks. As much as I dislike the Knicks and value the draft pick, Melo is my fav. player. He's been playing great lately too.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Knicks should be renamed the Knuckleheads, Anthony, JR Smith, they just take stupid shots at the worst times.

DD

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

....And the Knicks now are tied with the Rockets at 32-29.

24-14 since Linsanity jump started them.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Guys. The Knicks are now winning games they shouldnt. Morey has fugged up bad in his draft trade scenarios unless he pulls a good one out soon or a miracle happens.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Guys, it doesn't matter where this pick falls. Any one of the players picked here could possibly be lottery-esque.

18. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

We should try to trade everything for picks #1,3 and late 20s.

Draft Anthony Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones and Marquis Teague. Running the whole starting unit from the National Champion UK Wildcats. Then get scrubs from D-League to fill out the rest.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No problem.;)

20. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Very slim chance we can still get the 15th pick, but we need Utah to beat Portland, Philadelphia to beat Detroit, and we need the Knicks to lose to the BOBCATS. :(