1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks committed to completing deal with rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not at all. I think Youtube accountability will help keep Harden paying attention to defense.

2. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

I think Hardens post defense is decent, seems he can hold his own a bit in the post against some players, correct me if im wrong.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I respect that. I feel it's an unnecessary distraction personally.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Harden is never making the all NBA team on defense but he can be a solid defender. He is just not a player that can do it long term carrying the load he has been. For him it is about conserving energy and about a third of the way into the season he just hits that wall and realizes something has to give. Same reason for James' inexplicable god awful three turnovers in a row. He's just shot and has no concentration. WIth the team assembled now that excuse is gone and he knows it. Same for Melo. Melo is now playing his ideal position and there is no reason for him not to be a solid defender. I have seen both of these guys play solid defense in spurts and play no defense in others. The ability is definitely there where the commitment has been absent.

Also, we did not bring CP3 to be subservient and change his game. That is stupid and foolish. You bring in a HOF to be who he always has been. Harden will adjust appropriately off of him and it will easier than people think. James will still have plenty of bursts controlling the game. Think 2016 USA team with Harden and Kyrie alternating. They will stagger their minutes effectively. I think same thing happens with Melo. You want times where the second team has James and Melo or CP3 and Melo dominating the offense with Capela and Nene killing at the end of the PNR. Gordon, Ariza, Tucker, and LRMAM fill in the holes on the wings and slash because of the spacing. Each lineup should be fresh with a lot of fast break opps and should never feel like a second team. Last year's team without the stagnation when the 3s aren't going down. This team doesn't have to rely on that same volume. If you have a wide open one you take it but you focus on crashing the paint and getting GREAT looks from anywhere.

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Yes old Pau dominated him, heck even the deadman and Kawhi also manhandled him.
    Yes he might be good in the post, but not against taller players. Mouse in the house.

6. rockets13champs

Morey is on his anniversary vacation. This trade won't happen for a while for sure

bilaal14 and BigShasta like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** me sideways

8. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Don't doubt Morey putting ball before marriage.. He was probably in the middle of love-making during one of the times he got rid of Aaron Brooks.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

another deceiving melo thread title

10. ClutchCitity81

Imminent my new favorite word

rocketsmetalspd likes this.
  11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Sources?

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ya we just signed williams and brown. morey probably usually takes off sometime august-september

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Yes, but he is taking that vaction in New York City.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm sure he kept his phone on guys

sammy likes this.
  15. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

16. Hornets

Hornets Member

I don't want Melo.lol MJ wants him.

17. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

For those wondering, he's not in New York....yet at least...

18. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

Hes like dr Manhattan.

19. brosef

brosef Member

Odd he hasn't Morey'd himself into a hot wife.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Morey starting to look grey!

I love this thread title. New York Knicks are "committed" to completing deal with Rockets. You could've fooled me.

Lame. I give him a lot of credit for having a healthy marriage with an old friend from college. As undeserving MVP Russell Westbrook would say - "don't do they, do you."