1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Kneejerk] If Bob McNair had balls...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If Bob McNair had balls, no matter what happens this season, he would spend a pick on Johnny Manziel. It's the perfect example of a gamble a great team can afford to make. I think he'd even fit in well with Kubiak's offense, even though he would never play for Kubiak. Let's face it, as long as Kubiak is here, Schaub is our quarterback, and Manziel is probably already McNair's undraftable list. And I'm a Longhorns fan....

We will end up with the same Kubiak-Schaub marriage next year, or in some bizarre twist, we will promote Marciano to head coach and draft Derek Carr.

Something needs to change though. This team has too much talent...

#1 Two Sandwiches, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. Raven

Raven Member

Bob McNair is too busy counting his money, and he has a terrific talent for making lots of it, but I've seen nothing to indicate that he's an owner who can actually govern over a winning franchise. He waited two years too long to clean house the first time, and he's going to end up waiting two years too long before he cleans house this time.

No accountability!

None.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah...

I don't want my owner ever meddling in this business unless it's firing the coach or GM...the only thing the owner should be responsible for is hiring/firing these guys

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's said in the past that Aaron Hernandez was on his undraftable list, which is what makes me think he governs the list, and that Johnny Football would be on it.

5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

No way Manziel could lead a locker room with guys like Watt, Cushing and Brown and Johnson. For all of Schaub's faults he is still considered the leader and (at least before today's game) well respected for his work ethic. I would rather take a chance on a guy like Derek Carr in the 4th round and try to develop him.

1 person likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

i don't know about manziel, but you have to start considering drafting a young qb. shoot, john, even the hoodie drafts qbs in the first 3 rounds.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Heh, we dodged a bullet with that one then. I'm sure he has guys like that though but it's not because of talent but because he doesn't want criminals and knuckleheads representing his team. Which is fair IMO.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If johnny football is as good as he is in college in the pros, I would cut all those guys for johnny. A franchise qb is more valuable than even jj.

9. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

The only reason Johnny Football will be on Bob's "undraftable" list is because he's going to be a terrible professional quarterback. You can't run around in circles and throw up prayers like an idiot in the pros. Nobody will bail you out, and the defense will capitalize on dumb mistakes like that.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Please no more Carr qbs. I'll take my chance with Johnny. Wilson is having success in a good situation and I think johnny can also.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Johnny football has balls...That's a major step forward.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i think he had balls when he threatened to pull his money off the table if they didnt award him the 32nd nfl franchise. i think its best that owners dont get involved in football decisions. however he should be more vocal about expectations.. he should demand better and hold his coach accountable for poor decisions..

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Meh, I think he gets rid of Kubiak if they miss the playoffs this year.

If Kubiak needs his owner to motivate him then he'll deserve to be fired.

14. Raven

Raven Member

A strong armed QB to throw to Hopkins.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Sports teams are risk free investment. They are publically subsidized. Look at the dodgers they were run to bankruptcy and the owner make a 500% return.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

I totally agree. But weren't there a ton of speculation that said McNair wanted a coach that would keep David Carr? If that's true, then obviously

I'm not a big Manziel fan for the NFL level. And the Texans are fairly screwed anyway with Schaub because his contract is untradable for this and next year.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Refresh my memory, but how did we end up with Wade? Was that Gary making that call on his own?

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Johnny Football wouldn't fall down every time a defenders pinky came 5 feet from his body. They should just go ahead and spot the opposing team 6 points before the game since they'll get it anyway with a Schlub Pick Six, every ****ing game.

1 person likes this.
  19. SpiceLaneCowboy

if texan fans had any balls not to go to games until we have a new QB and head coach.....

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kubiak cant handle that guy running around like a monkey that escaped from the zoo. If McNair force Smith to draft Manziel, I imagine Kubiak will shatter his ankles to keep him in the pocket and force him to become a missionary sex-style QB. He might even give Manziel a lobotomy and marry him off to some pastor's daughter from Caldwell, TX.