1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kmart for Randoplh a possibility

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HotRocket, May 7, 2006.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Link

Denver Post - Rumor out of Denver, according to the Denver Post, is that the Nuggets will look to deal Kenyon Martin to Portland in exchange for Zach Randolph.

Randolph, like Martin, has had difficulty getting along with his head coach and has made overtures about wanting out of the Pacific Northwest.

Denver placed calls last offseason for Randolph and the Blazers weren't interested, but the situation has changed.

Nuggets' assistant GM Mark Warkentein helped draft Randolph, another reason why a trade might be logical.

I for one think both players are very overrated. Neither play defense or rebound very well. Basically more athletic versions of Mo Taylor.

2. arjun

arjun Member

that wud make no sense for portland, they cud get better than kmart for randolph, espeically with kmarts contract size n length, and his production, or shud i say the lack of

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It makes more sense than your spelling.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Zach Randolph is a LOT better and a lot younger than Motay. Don't know where you're coming from. K-Mart is also better than Motay and both of these guys like to rebound and play physical. Motay is pathetic.

On a talent level, Portland would lose big in that trade unless other players were thrown in. Randolph's skills aren't overrated by anybody. He's got serious game but he's such a knucklehead. I'll always consider him a Jailblazer.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I would think it'd be good for both teams. Randolph is a low post scorer in which Denver is need off since they basically only have Melo as in low post offense.

Portland would be good for Kmart since they are a run n' gun team.

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Seems like only yesterday when Zach Randolph dropped about 30 on our own prodigy, Eddie Griffin, in one of those Rocky Mountain Revue games... :D

7. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Gee, who would throw the first tantrum for not getting enough touches, Randolph or Carmelo? That's such a horrible fit. Randolph acts like he'll lose a Twinkie from his stash every time he passes the ball. Why doesn't Denver ever address their real needs - a peremiter shooter and a playmaker instead of ANOTHER scorer.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Both of those guys are 10x better than Taylor and don't play the same way at all.

9. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

As I just said in another thread, trading K-Mart for Randolph would be like dumping Kate Moss because she's too crazy and then going out with Courtney Love.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good call.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I disagree with your analogy if for no other reason than because you did not acknowledge the disparity in attractiveness! Kate Moss is FAR AND AWAY more attractive than Courtney Love these days! :D

12. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I'd be kind of nervous about a team with Randolph and Carmelo.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Randolph doesn't pass and doesn't move. He gets decent points and boards but at the expense of the team.

Nuggets chemistry must be real bad with Kmart around.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Hmph.

Portland would probably prefer to dump the salary and get (a) draft pick(s). The Blazers are in serious financial straits.

I'd say Chicago (with those draft picks) or Atlanta (how far under the cap will they be when Harrington leaves?)

15. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I agree this trade is not going to happen, Portland is on record as wanting to dump salary and a K-Mart deal is not that. The Nugs are going to have a hard time finding a taker for K-Mart given his injury history and that huge contract. I don't think Isiah Thomas would deal for K-Mart given his experience with Alan Houston's microfracture surgery.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Isn't Martin a lot more injury prone than Randolph?

17. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

As long as Isiah has a job, I will not worry about us getting rid of Kenyon. Both he and Larry Brown wanted Kenyon bad at the trading deadline. They're still interested according to many.

18. dback816

dback816 Member

melo and randolph on the same team? they might consider having 2 balls for denver games

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I like this idea simply because it weakens one of the opponents in the same boat as us in Denver.

Randolph is a black hole. He's a selfish, lazy and uncoachable waste of talent that demonstrates no desire to get better or make his teammates more involved.

Anytime he touches the ball you know one or more of three things will happen:
    1. He's not going to pass it
    2. He's going to fire up some off balance low percentage shot
    3. He's going to turn it over

The thought of him and Melo on the same team is a recipe for disaster. Seriously, that's like thinking gasoline and matches can co-exist without erupting.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

thats what some thought as well when cassell and mobley joined the clips