1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson was out of bounds on last play?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, May 9, 2019.

1. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I am not going to sit here and blame the refs, the refs did not cost us the game.

But that was a blown call because he was out of bounds and Livingston flat sat on Gordon's head which should have been ruled a a foul called.

Easy, cbs1507, darksoul35 and 2 others like this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we didn't choke at all, we were never in front, we were playing the world champs who had their champion players out there. Durant is the add on on top of that. We were no favourites once he left the game

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

nba said the foul should have been on gordon not livingston

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we were in front. we took the lead.

HP3 likes this.
  5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

We didn't choke against the World Champions at all. Get sick of people using the "choke" saying way too easily

Shumpert put us in front with 8 minutes to go, that was the last time we had the lead

bro2044 likes this.
  6. SemisolidSnake

There have been multiple close things in this series, coincidentally often involving Thompson, where there has been no replay. Not fouls, either. Legitimately reviewable boundary and line type plays. The sort of things that coaches in other sports would risk a review challenge on. And stuff that would have been reviewed in a regular season game from what I saw this year.

cbs1507 likes this.
  7. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I already expect us to get screwed by the refs and we think they did a okay job just because they didn't screw us as hard as they usually do. At least they used a little vasoline this time.

Invisible Fan, cbs1507 and smp like this.
  9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

No. Probably would have gave whoever asked a technical. Only Dramond can ask.

10. mastan

mastan Member

Was PJ Tucker really out of bounds when he hit the 3 in late 4th quarter? I couldn't watch the replay.

cbs1507 likes this.
  11. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Idk it looks like his heels are up and he's on his toes. I can't tell if he is actually out and that was the only replay angle. Klay on the otherhand, we can absolutely tell that he's out. Ironically, it's the same ref on both plays. He looks down at PJ feet on the play they took away (but we have no angles to verify), but doesn't look down once on the Klay play. It is what it is. 2nd chance was the really culprit this game. So we gotta clean that up for game 6 and being it so we can force a game 7.

[​IMG]

bro2044 likes this.
  12. Asian Sensation

He was out. They showed it from the side angle in the game.

13. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

That's the only replay they showed. I got that directly from the game. That was the only replay they showed. There was not other angle shown from what I seen in the replay.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I believe
    I believe he was too. All of these years of horrible officiating and a lot of times just getting outplayed by the warriors will make victory even sweeter. We have to beat these fools.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I knew he was out of bounds.... But Rockets did this to themselves. Refs weren't the factor... The rebounding, and then no offense after clawing back from down 20 (and then KD going out). It's like Houston suddenly played down.

Houston can still win this series, very similar to the CP3 injury, but the Rockets had 14 minutes left....

16. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Yeah they also said the Klay play was "inconclusive" yet somehow asserted that he got the ball out before his foot landed. Well...[​IMG]
    Cuz the ref didn't call anything. So there was nothing to review unfortunately.

17. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Klay is not clearly out of bounds. If you scrub through the video frame by frame you find that we're missing the one magical frame that would probably tell us for sure. Nothing 100% conclusive based on the video we have access to, though.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Asian Sensation

Went back and checked you’re right that is the only angle but he was still out. His feet were set before he elevated to shoot so even if his heel was somehow magically elevated and he was on his toes like you’re suggesting he didn’t start like that. Plus the ref was like 3 feet away and It wasn’t Brothers, Foster or Mauer.

19. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I'm just saying that we don't have any angles to show exactly what happened. That's all. You can't show me one frame that shows his heel down in that replay. Besides you shoot on your toes not your heels.

20. HROZ

HROZ Member

While this is annoying

Understandable the refs missed that.

I presume of a Rocket player or staff asked them to review it they would have? So the whole rockets team missed it too.