1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson scores 37 points in 1 quarter (52 pts total)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRox832, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

You're a god damn moron if you think Stephenson, Shumpert, and Bradley are better defenders than Thompson.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Okay, he's not as good as Harden. That doesn't say much since Harden is the best SG right now. And I don't think anybody is arguing that he's a superstar now.

He's not a play maker. But he's a good scorer and a good defender. There aren't that many players who are very good on both ends of the floor.

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

4. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

and you're a god damn moron if you think they're not (Avery Bradley).

Either way he said perimeter defenders, lets mention Kawhi Leonard, Lebron James, healthy Paul George, throw in there CP3, Conley, Beverley, Iggy who can also compare. No way in hell he's top 3 perimeter defender in the NBA

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Bradley is definitely a better defender than Thompson.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Still a far cry from the Kobe/McGrady era.

No.

Lance? What?
    Bradley? He has potential, but he doesn't do it consistently like Klay.
    Iman? He had like one elite year. He needs to bring it back.

I give you Tony. Butler's D has dropped off this year though, so I put Klay above his.

Mostly a shooter? Gosh, I hate it when people talk about players and don't know a lick about a player. You clearly don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I never said Klay is better than Harden. He isn't. But it's stupid to diminish a type of player like Klay. He's an all-star SG, and 2nd best player on the best team in the league.

He plays both ends at a high level. How do you not want this guy on your team?

#106 t_mac1, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Harden is better than McGrady, though not as talented. IMO, Harden would have pulled the Rockets past the Mavs in 05 and Jazz in 07. He is a better closer than McGrady because he has a physicality and toughness McGrady lacked.

8. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

He's not a good scorer, he's an elite shooter thats it. His offensive game is basically jump-shots

Harden is so much better than him offensively, its not even close, Klay is just a better shooter than him, nothing else ( offensively).

They can't even compare, Harden is superstar, #1 option, franchise player, Klay is not, and due to his lack of playmaking, ability to get to the FT line and carrying a team, I doubt he'll ever be .

n those who say he's the best "2 way SG" in the league, lets start saying that Kawhi is better 2 way SF than Durant = absurd

9. t_mac1

Do you know how bad James has performed in the playoffs his first 2 series w/ the Rockets? He has shot less than 38%. So I don't know how you can make that conclusion.

02-03 McGrady was a better player than Kobe, and that was arguably Kobe's 2nd best season of his career statistically.

So no, Harden isn't better than McGrady.

10. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

agreed. 02-03 Tmac was sick

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Please do not make up BS.

http://vorped.com/1-nba/2014-2015/player/1282/klay-thompson/shotchart/

Actually watch him play before you type stupid ****.

12. t_mac1

That was arguably the best individual season from a SG since MJ, and top 5 overall for any player since that era.

13. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go thru life, son.

14. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Either you never saw McGrady play, or you have early-onset dementia and have trouble remembering your own dog's name..

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Good point. I'll wait until after the playoffs.

I know what McGrady did in Orlando and it doesn't mean much. In 03, he was terrible in the playoffs the last 3 games after Orlando was up 3-1 on the Pistons and showed early on he couldn't close a playoff series. He was a soft player whose heart didn't match his all-timer talent level.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

Yao went 11-11 once. but agree with the rest of the comment

17. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

18% of his shots are at the rim, 11% 3-10 ft, so over 70% of his shots are either midrange or 3, not MOSTLY a shooter!

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

A guy that takes well over 80% of his shots (like Klay does) as jump shots is a jump shooter, half of his interior scoring is transition points as well. Even old man Kobe, who didn't run on transition at all wasn't 80% jumpers until this year.

1 person likes this.
  19. THE_TRUTH_HURTS

+1

Harden has done great in the regular season, but nothing in the playoffs with the Rox.

IMO I think Tmac was a better playmaker in terms of distributing, whereas Harden is more focused on scoring. Im not really sure if he and Yao would have meshed too

20. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Ty sir