1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson scores 37 points in 1 quarter (52 pts total)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRox832, Jan 23, 2015.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I guess that Thompson for Love non-trade is looking pretty good now. Some of the best trades are the ones that aren't made. #basketballreasons

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Insert Scola (He Look Ok).jpg

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Same goes for missing out on Dwight and having to sign Iggy, though he hasn't exactly lived up to his salary either.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Rep'd, but what the Warriors are doing isn't some type of hot streak or fluke. Yeah, sure Klay going 12/12 or whatever is lucky but the Warriors still likely would have won the game easily if Klay didn't have this type of game. The whole offense changed from playing Warriors ball to let Klay shoot until he misses which he didn't. Basically if Klay went 3/3 then missed the next 2 shots that would have been it and they would have gone back to their offense. I do hope this is their peak, but a team just doesn't go 35-6 and then drop off to like .640 ball or something which is still solid. They're playing too well to dramatically collapse like the Pacers did last season. They're not like the Derrick Rose led Bulls either. They're a complete team that is dominating the competition as a team and not just a player or two. The only thing we can hope for is something like what happened to the Bulls in 2007 where they get upset by an underdog team.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

False. Dwight Howard on the Warriors would have been lethal. He's a legitimate offensive threat that plays defense equally as well as Bogut. Iggy helps but Dwight would have helped more.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I can tell you, my dad is from the Bay Area, he's a Warrior/Giants fan.

Remember when they swept us Worrell says something like "The first time the Warriors swept the Rockets in 41 years." that's why. My dad talked about how they could never beat the Rockets, no matter the era or whatever. We just seemed to own that franchise for a very long time.

They are just returning the favor this year at least. They are historically good, but I feel like they have peaked at the wrong time in terms of salary. Green is going to get some major money, he's a RFA and someone is giving him a max that the Warriors are going to have to match. Not only that, he's a 2nd round pick so I believe (feel free to correct me) that he can get the poison pill contract that Morey used to get Asik/Lin. That little secret is out now.

D.Lee is a FA and Speights is too. A lot of these guys are going to get paid and will GSW go over the cap to keep the team together? I think their depth is going to take a hit this 2015 offseason. I think the Warriors can keep Lee, I doubt there is this big demand for him right now. As for Speights I can see a team over paying for him and Green he's getting his money one way or another after this season.

Those two games man I still feel like they were an aberration, that the Warriors are not 25 points better than us.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Somehow I strongly doubt Dwight would change his offensive game enough to accommodate Kerr's system. He actually likes us and McHale yet he hasn't set a solid pick in weeks.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Amazing game by a very good shooter. BUT.. if I'm Kerr there's this little voice starting to creep in saying, "Are we peaking too early?".

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Never did a perimeter player do such things. Yao went for 6-6 or 7-7 but that was cool enough.

If Thompson can shoot 50% or better in the playoffs it is easily game over for many teams.

He is developing nicely

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Doubt we can beat them in a series with the way we're playing right now, maybe with TJ back & Dwight playing at least average.

That being said, I don't think they can beat the Grizzlies or the Thunder. Especially not the Thunder, they seem to be their Kryptonite.

They won't shoot like this forever, a jump shooting team with injury prone big men? C'mon we've seen this play out before. Although I'll say, this hot streak that they have going on right now is pretty incredible.

11. omgTHEpotential

That was Bird-esque.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rto2_oYVs0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. mingthething

mingthething Member

Patty Mills and Danny Green for some moments in last years finals, I think.

13. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

DMO......

14. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

spot on!

15. VanityHalfBlack

I told you guys before the season that Klay was a top 10 and you laughed in my face. You were right because the sonofagun is a top 5, lol.

16. omgTHEpotential

Top5?.. Uh...

LBJ
    Durant
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Curry

Who does Klay replace in this list? He had a nice game. So did Terrence Ross (51), Corey Brewer (51), Brandon Jennings (55)...

Don't get me wrong, he's a very good player, but definitely not TOP5.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

meh

Micheal Redd scores 57, 42 in 2nd half against flllcking Utah

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mawgnrbZCqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(subtely annoying GSW fans)

#57 heypartner, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  18. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm made sad by watching the Warriors succeed, but that was still beautiful and inspiring and Klay Thompson is amazing.

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Those lottery picks are sure helping the Warriors now. Too bad the Rockets never drafted higher in the lottery because their young role players were too good to tank.

20. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

They'll probably fall to OKC in the first round. :)