1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson scores 37 points in 1 quarter (52 pts total)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HRox832, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

ridiculous, 13 shots without missing? Half of them contested?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Steve Kerr found the cheat code.

2 people like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't be so modest T'mac!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qEAKeRGxftY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

scary that they have another guy that could shatter what Klay did this quarter...the next game...

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Bogut stays healthy (big if), not sure who's capable of beating them 4 out of 7 times.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I love this game.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Fuc em... Rof...I'll hate just to hate lol

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

WOW is that possibly four / five records? The 37 points in a quarter, the going 13-13 in one and 8-8 in one, and most shots made without a miss in a quarter or half.

10. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Pretty amazing... MJ not KObe not has anybody ever done that before..

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

hmmmmph, it's just 1 win. He can't do that vs. Harden.

12. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Does Curry also have a max contract?

It would be interesting to see down the line the dynamics between those two. Who will be the alpha dog? Can they both co-exist on equal levels, or one will have to take the backseat? What about Barnes' aspirations?

I don't think GSW can keep everyone happy.

13. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Klay Thompson! Monster game. It was a pleasure to witnessed that performance.

14. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Even as badly as they kicked OUR @ss this season, I don't buy GS in the playoffs.

They are a jumpshooting team period, and the D will cutoff a lot of their shots come playoff time. They could easily get either San Antonio or OKC in the first round. As much as I am convinced of their backcourt, and I like them BOTH. Let Pop scout that team and prep his team over 7 games against Kerr...

I wanna see them play this well in the playoffs...

15. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Nobody will stop them... They are too damn good.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you replace Harden with Thompson....does Curry wins MVP....or does Harden?

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I know most of us Rockets fans hate the Warriors for what they've done to us this season and how bitter they have been towards us since Harden has been a Rocket, but the truth is that the Warriors are on another level compared to the Rockets... or the entire NBA excluding maybe the Hawks. They have players who know their roles and they excel at their roles from the starters to the bench. They're a team that has a great offensive system and elite defensive schemes. This team is elite on both sides of the court. They have likely the best shooting back court of all time and neither of those two guys can be left alone because they will make you pay.

Easily the best team in the West and it's not even a debate. This isn't about single player accolades. Basketball is a team sport and teams win championships. This team has a chance to be legendary. A high chance of going to the finals this season and even winning it.. but not even that. They could possibly repeat or even three peat. If the core stays intact they could very well become a dynasty. I really wish they would lose in the 2nd or 1st round of the playoffs, but I don't see any team beating them aside from maybe the Grizzlies or the Clippers.

Truth is we're watching the probable birth of a historical team... a team that hates us probably as much as they hate the Clippers. A team that was showboating after destroying us just to rub in that they're better than us. A team that doesn't view us as any sort of threat but still enjoys to see our failure.

Man, I have no idea why Warriors fans and the Warriors players hate us so much. It's strange, but I still want them in the playoffs. I know at the moment the Rockets would likely lose in a 7 game series, probably even swept, but I still want them. I want us personally to reveal to the world how fraudulent this Warriors team is. Not the Thunder. Not the Clippers. Not the Hawks. I want us more than any team to completely eradicate everything the Warriors have worked so hard for this season. It just feels so impossible though watching them get better each and every game as the season passes by.

You know what's worse? I feel like the Rockets can beat any other team in a 7 game series excluding probably the Clippers. I don't want to have this season haunt me as the season the Warriors were just too good. Is this how fans of teams felt when they were going against Jordan's Bulls in the 90s? It feels helpless.

1 person likes this.
  18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The question needs to be seriously asked whether Klay could carry a team on his own. He definitely feeds a ton off his excellent squad right now, but that doesn't mean he can't expand his scoring game.

Harden had similar doubters because he was playing within a system that didn't allow him to fully flourish.

I think he can do it. GSW is sitting pretty with two franchise players.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Neither

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nobody has ever won the championship in January. It's a long season.

1 person likes this.