1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay Thompson: I'm the best shooting guard in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, Dec 20, 2015.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Great. Let me know when he starts backing it up. In the meantime, arrogance it is. If you don't want to call it that, the only other thing it could be is self validation for self esteem.

Also, not sure why Harden and Morey was brought into the convo, but I assure you, I am not confusing Klay Thompson for James Harden or Daryl Morey.

2. dream2franchise

I have no problem with Klay saying that. The self assurance just drips off that dude.

Anyone outside of the Warrior organisation that actually believes it though.....

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Good ****ing lord.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden is somewhere laughing

5. mingthething

mingthething Member

Motejunas is a pretty good substitute for Bogut. Just has to learn how to play dirty like him.
    Draymond is the problem. The closest substitute is Lebron, and that is impossible.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Serious question, is Klay even in the top 3?

Harden, Butler, then is it DeRozan or Thompson?

7. dream2franchise

Klay Thompson is last seasons finals:

15 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assists. 30% from 3pt land.

That's with all of the attention on Steph, against a team without two of it's three best players.

Question:

Who averaged more rebounds and assist per game last season: Patrick Beverley or Klay Thompson?

Your answer...

[​IMG]

8. Omron

Omron Member

Amazing how headliners can make any guy look like a douche. He was asked by a local Warriors beat writer who are the best players at his position and he obliged.

Asked to name the best player at each position in the NBA, Klay Thompson picked Warriors teammate Stephen Curry as the point guard and then paused.

"I'm going to go with myself," Thompson said of his pick for the top shooting guard, throwing up his hands. "We're 26-1."

He noted that the Chicago Bulls' Jimmy Butler and Houston Rockets' James Harden were among the candidates in his mind before reiterating his choice.

"I have confidence in myself," Thompson said Saturday.

9. seeingred

seeingred Member

Whoa - Harden's DRPM is terrible (no surprise). But Andrew Wiggins is one of the worst in the league. That's surprising - don't watch the Wolves but I thought defense was one of his strengths.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Go look at James Hardens stats, then go look at Klay Thompsons stats.

Obviously Harden's shootin %'es aren't there, but the rest of the numbers are

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Jimmy butler deserves that award now. Klay Thompson is definitely in that conversation and should be considered for it. His team is 26-1 and that tem definitely doesn't get that record without him. Harden is looking more and more like a chucker.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

For those of you thinking him saying that, or some people agreeing with him, is silly, here are their stats.

Klay Thompson's stats:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6475/klay-thompson

James Harden't stats

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3992/james-harden

Thompson is a better shooter and a far better defender - either one of them are very good players.

Lawson would be much better with Thompson on the wing and the Rockets would have far fewer turnovers - they might be a better team with Thompson over Harden.

DD

13. dream2franchise

Klay's is in the negative as well, which is certainly surprising. I've always felt he was just an average one-on-one defender, but an excellent team defender.

Not surprising is that the gap in ORPM Harden has over Klay and Butler is significantly larger than the deficit he has in DRPM compared to those two. Confirms the eye test.

14. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

this is pure comedy

15. dream2franchise

You assume this current Rockets teams has the capacity to execute an offense to get Klay the looks he gets on this Warriors team with Steph Curry on it.

It doesn't.

Klay would excel more on this team in Trevor Ariza's role. Defending wing players and lurking around for three pointers created off Harden's penetration because that's what Klay is. A role player defending wing players and lurking around for three pointers created off the attention given to Steph Curry.

Klay is an elite shooter. An absolute elite shooter. He doesn't have the ball handling, passing, court vision or creativity Harden does.

16. DaDakota

Harden's court vision is the most overated thing on our team his assist to turnover ratio is right around the same as Jeremy Lin and far less than 2-1 which is passable for the primary ball handler.

I don't know how well Klay would play with improved touches, but it is not a stretch to say Klay is better than Harden.

DD

#56 DaDakota, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I need to finish up some work in the garage, before I lose my light, but when I get back I can't wait to dismantle the latest DaDakota rambling.

18. DaDakota

Yeah, good luck with that - you are like the guy in Dr. Stranglove riding Harden's missile all the way to the ground.

I look forward to your attempted dismantling of my facts.

DD

19. dream2franchise

To record an assist the other guy has to ya know...make a damn shot. Just sayin'...

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

While I personally disagree with his statements, I certainly cannot fault him for saying so. All players aspiring to be superstars should have confidence that they are the best with their respective weapons. It's when players try to play beyond their abilities that things go wrong, such as Dwight trying to dominate the post when the D is established or Casspi or Brewer trying to go Jordan on a team.