1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Klay reaction to missing all nba team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets13champs, May 23, 2019.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So 20 point per game on 44/41/89 with great defense is "average" in playoffs? If he came here, all of you haters would build a shrine for him from day 1, saying how special he is. But because he is playing for another team, people who recognize how good he is are "casual". GTFOH with that bullshit.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm actually with you. I have to endure lots of Warriors coverage, b/c I live in SF, and he's an elite player. Plus, he's one of the least offensive and most likable of the hate-worthy Warriors. Steph is a million times more arrogant, despite his nice guy media coverage. Klay is quirky and clearly has a life and mind outside of basketball.

I always say he and Iggy seem to be players I could root for if they weren't on the Warriors. Everyone else on that team, meh.

roslolian, Koperboy and GotGame15 like this.
  3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I get what you mean. Today he said Raptors disrespected Iggy when they left him alone for that dagger three, completely ignoring 1. He's been ice cold since Houston and 2. GSW actually disrespected Gasol for whole Game 1, leaving him completely open after trapping Kawhi.

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The only reason why anyone here might hate Klay is because the media wanted to crown him as the best shooting guard in the league a few years ago. It was laughable then and still laughable now. That being said, however, Thompson's not a bad player. If you need the ultimate 2nd or 3rd banana that knows his place, Klay's your guy.

roslolian, B-Bob and YOLO like this.
  5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Exactly. Lot of people disregard the fact that Klay could be much better and complete as a player, but because GSW's system needed him to play exclusively off the ball, he worked only on those skills. He has the quickest release of all catch&shoot players: In Game 2, sometimes it seemed like he is playing volleyball. Most of his shots were heavily contested and he still finished with 25-5-5 on great percentages.

Who in the league is better at what he does? Absolutely noone. Guys like Ray Allen and Kyle Korver in their prime can rival his offensive off the ball skills, but they were light years behind him on defense.

roslolian and daywalker02 like this.
  6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Thats suppose to be impressive for an allstar 3rd option? He is nothing more than a glorified eric gordon. Did you know eg averaged 18 on 44/40/87 with "great" defense in the playoffs? You think gordon is anywhere near the superstar "build a shrine for him" level you seem to think klay is on?

If youre a klay groupie its totally cool. You can just say it

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Of klay wins final mvp, Will he than be able to get the supermax? Or do only regular season award count for the supermax?

8. bmelo

bmelo Member

Classical cf. We have best players i guess but failed to win anything since 96. Say otherwise and you are a moron

9. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

I don't think Finals MVP triggers the supermax. And with his hamstring injury he's gotta be a longshot now anyway.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Shietttt, if Jerebko played here they'd have a shrine built too.

11. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

"Hey this guy thinks Klay is good, he is klay groupie so his opinion doesn't count"
    "Hey this guy is from Slovenia, he is Doncic groupie so his opinion on Luka doesn't count"

etc etc

Can't argue with guys like you. You will find an imaginative narrative I must be on and use it against me.

Gordon is shorter than Klay, who could guard Kawhi in spurts. Also Klay is a superior shooter. Klay>>Gordon.

12. biina

biina Member

Seems Klay is a 9yr veteran and can only sign a max 5yr/$190m this summer but next summer he would be eligible for the 10yr rate which seems significantly higher (so much that a 4yrs max total is $185m)

Would it not then be in the best interest of team and player that he signs a 2yr (1+1) deal at a lower rate this summer and opt out to sign a long term deal next summer. Also, if Durant leaves, his chances of making the All-NBA team should go up and qualify him for a supermax.

I think such a plan would put GS in a better position to handle a Durant departure, resign cousins to a short term deal and/or even possibly be under the luxury tax.

I am not an expert on all these salary cap, luxury tax, apron and oven mitts nonsense. So maybe someone more knowledgeable can shed some light on this

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

But you still hate him, right? No need to show the enemy love, right? Just respect.

14. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

good to know you are illiterate too so yea maybe you actually are a moron. Since its hard for you to understand, i dont think gordon is that good. I used a player on our roster because i would assume people on here actually follow those players. I could have used countless others from other teams to make the point.

15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

"im not a groupie" while hes here caping like hes klay thompsons girlfriend lmao

16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I don't hate him, but I don't want him to win anything else with GSW. But yeah, I respect him.

17. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

25 pts/game on 52% FG and 57% 3P% in four games against Toronto's elite defense. Some people still think he doesn't deserve 3rd All-NBA team. Where are those people now??

Also, classic CF takes from some douches: If you speak in favour of a guy because you think he is good, you are his groupie. Lol...

roslolian likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Eric Gordon doesn't defend like Klay Thompson and also doesn't shoot as well as Klay wtf. Lol what great defense are you talking about Gordon is like 6'2 but he is playing SF spot you think he will have great defense vs SGs and forwards?

Klay is a superstar role player, if you are good enough at what you do you become a superstar even if at the core you are a 3nD guy. If we had Klay Thompson as Harden's sidekick instead of CP3 and Gordon we would have a ring by now that's for sure.

Klay Thompson is one of the more unique superstars the NBA has seen we have a lot of alpha males who can lead and power the offense Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Jordan, Harden, Tim Duncan, Wade etc all these guys will be the main guy of your team. But after you get your main guy who ever that guy may be your 2nd pick should always be Klay Thompson, there's no second banana better than him in history except for maybe Scottie Pippen. If you don't think he's good enough to be all nba you just don't know basketball, period.

#138 roslolian, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Koperboy likes this.
  19. windpuppy

windpuppy Member

All nba teams are for regular season. Klay is rightfully voted out of the 3rd team.

20. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I'm aware of that. He is terribly underappreciated by some here only because he is either A) from GSW or B) compared to Harden several years ago. I wanted to highlight his production to show that.

Also I think he deserves 3rd All-NBA team over either WB or Kemba.