1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ's dunk over Dream, #2 of all-time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Kobe's dunk wasn't a 360....it was a crossover and a drive to the hoop and dunking all over Ben Wallace...

2. dream2franchise

the KJ dunk was vicious.
    i remember a couple:
    either stackhouse or michael curry (think it was stack-in the philly days) dunked on two people and sent them both of them to the floor, as he looked down on them.

another was by kobe, against philly, (it was in some other gym) he drove down the middle of the lane and just threw it down on god knows how many people, AND HE WAS ON HIS SIDE, give anything to see it again.

hate to mention it, but di anyone see baron dunk on E-griff this past season? that was hectic.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I may be wrong but if I remember correctly Elie was getting astonighingly better as the season went on. That dunk was the climax of his progress. I remember being in awe, it was Elie at his peak. Only better things could come. Then he shattered his wrist. Anyways I could be wrong, lotsa memories jumbled in this here head of mine.

4. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

hell ya that was nasssssty i fell out of my chair when that happened

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Best dunk of all time is below. That's why they call it "The Dunk."

[​IMG]

6. BTM

BTM Member

1) Vince over Fred Weiss
    2) Keon Clark over Shawn Bradley
    3) John Starks over the Bulls
    4) Pippen over Ewing
    5) Vince over Mutumbo

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I bet KJ would have traded that dunk for a series victory against the Rockets that year...

hell, didn't the suns lose that GAME?

8. Old School

Old School Member

My favorite dunker of all time is Dominique Wilkins. He used to slam HARD every dunk.

os

9. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I'm only 22 but when I think of SICK dunks I always think of DR J. I never got to see him play live but the dunks they show of his are nasty.

[​IMG]

#2 VC (especially this dunk in the Olympics)

[​IMG]

#3 MJ
    #4 Clyde
    #5 Kobe - as much as I hate to say it.

#29 Sonny, Jul 17, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2002
  10. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Hey fadeaway, don't forget the Hakeem block on Rod Strickland ('94 first round against Portland, I think), when Dream caught up all the way full court on the fast break. That was the most amazing block I've ever seen in my lifetime.

11. worldbefore

worldbefore Contributing Member

What people don't remember about the game in which KJ dunked on Olajuwon was that it was a must win game for the Rockets. It was very close in the fourth quarter (I think the Rockets were up by two) in Phoenix and Sir Charles had the ball. He went up for a two handed dunk on Dream, and Dream rejected him. Sir Charles went back up again and Dream rejected him again. The Rockets got the ball, scored on the next possession and had the game in hand soon after. Those were two of the most impressive blocks I've ever seen, especially considering they were against the go to guy of the favored team (2nd in MVP to Robinson) playing in their gym in a tight game with a few minutes left in the 4 th quarter in the second round of the playoffs in a must win game. (whew!!). The Rockets had the game in hand when KJ did that jaw dropping dunk on the Dream. If you want to know the relative importance of both plays, the next day the USA Today had a picture of Dream's block of Sir Charles' two hander with the caption "Total Eclipse of the Suns" on the front page. How 'bout that!! :cool:

12. ClockworkOrange

I knew Clyde taking off from the FT line in a game but I couldn't remember which team he did it against. I remember that Kemp dunk as well, that was pretty nasty.