1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ's dunk over Dream, #2 of all-time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kayman, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

I mentioned this dunk awhile ago, and now Bill Simmons lists as number 2 of all times.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/020716.html

(For some reason I thought it was during the 95 playoffs).

I was reminded of this dunk when all the "NBA guards waiting to dunk on 7-6 Yao ming" talk. It's needless to remind you how that playoff series ended, nor the comparative places of Hakeem and KJ in NBA's history. Bottomline is, every now and then a guard will dunk over a big guy. It makes for a nice curiosity and a nightly highlight on Sportscenter, but that's about it...

2. knifejc

knifejc Member

As much as i hate to admit it that was pretty cool dunk. I guess it was pay back from when Hakeem chased KJ down from half court and swatted his shot

3. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Uhmmm and Big bird can dunk over Snufalufacus.......what's ur point MR?:confused:

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That was a nasty dunk. My top 5 would be........

1.Pippen over Ewing (94playoffs)
    2.Kobe 360 dunk on Ben Wallace (preseason game)
    3.Starks over the whole Bulls team
    4.Rasheed Wallace over Darius Miles
    5. Francis over Sabonis:cool:

Most underrated dunk
    Jason Williams over Mario Elie. Im not sure if any of you saw this but it was amazing.

5. knifejc

knifejc Member

My favorite dunk of all time would have to be Francis' dunk of Jahidi White. That was just sick

6. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Man, I remember how they replayed that dunk over and over in every NBA commercial from then until God knows when....:(
    But does anybody here remember the one when Mario Elie rebounded a missed free throw while flying through the air over Karl Malone's head, only to slam it down almost as amazingly as Vince Carter's over-the-rebounder's-back slam in the Olympics. It was during the regular season that he did this, and it was at least 8 years ago, I think.

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE THAT CLIP OF FRANCIS DUNKING OVER SABONIS! I used to have it but my older sister deleted it by mistake. :mad:

8. Kill Dirty Stockton

Kill Dirty Stockton Contributing Member

KJ's dunk was great and it seriously was one of the best I've ever seen. But I think its only fair to mention that in that same series KJ stole a pass and there was noone in front of him, and no human could catch up to him to stop him. And then The Dream flies out of nowhere and swats that lay up out of there. Now that was amazing and should be given credit anytime that KJ dunk is talked about.
    Everyone says Hakeem's the best shot blocker and that's why KJ's dunk was so great, but lets not forget during that time KJ was called 'the fastest man in the NBA'. Mad Props to the both of them for their 2 seperate plays.

9. JamesC

JamesC Member

My favorite dunks are:

1. Vince Carter's olympic dunk.
    2. MJ dunk over Mark Eaton.
    3.Vince Carter dunk over Mutombo.
    4. The white guy from the nuggets that caught the ally-oop over Oscar Torres. I felt bad for Oscar but the dunk was amazing.

Oh and by the way I was at the game where Mario Elie went over Malone's back for the put back dunk. It was nasty.

10. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Does anyone have the clip of Franchises dunk on Sabonis???? I am dieing to have it. If you do please email me at thereasonsf3@aol.com or post a link to it or something.

11. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

The most memorable dunks for me were:
    1. Vince Carter's spread eagle over Frederic Weis in the Olympics.
    2. MJ's dunk on 3 or 4 Knicks, when he fakes out Oakley and Starks by driving in and pretending to dribble back out, only to spin back in and dunk on basically the entire Knicks team.
    3. Francis' dunk on Sabonis.
    4. Kobe's dunk on MacColluogh in this year's finals.
    5. Vince Carter's dunk on the Pacers his rookie year, when he drove baseline, goes up in the air only to see Rik Smits coming at him. (The following all happens while Carter is in the air) He ducks under Smits and soars to the other side of the hoop and throws down a reverse jam.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I guess some people are too young to remember when clyde took off from the ft line against the lakers or shawn kemp putting it down on chris gatling. never mind.

Damn youngsters

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

To be precise, KJ;s dunk over Hakeem came in Game 4 of the 1994 Playoffs (Semis)

But the best dunk in my opinion, was in Vince Carter's second year in the league. (1999-2000)

It was in Staples center during the Raptors only meeting against the Clippers.

this was an alley-oop one handed dunk in which he needed his whole wingspan just to catch the ball, and then he threw it down so hard and fast. The ball went through the basket so fast.

I want to know if anyone remembers this dunk because I am surprised it does not get more attention. I mean it was just ferocious.

I get hyped up everytime I see it.

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Let me refresh your memory. It was during the 1995-96 regular season. the rockets beat the Jazz 107-99 in Utah's second visit to Houston. That dunk cam late in the 4th quarter and sealed the Rockets victory.

15. Stevie Francis

Best dunks in the last 5 years.

1. vince in the over weis
    2. Kobe's 360 alley hoop he caught.
    3.Vince over mutombo. you nkow the sky surfing commercial on nba tv
    4.Baron davis over gasp eddie griffin.
    5. Francis over White.
    6. Carter when he threw it off the back board and caught that **** on the other side and dunked it with 2 hands.
    7. Same game as number 6, when cater almost took of from the free throw line and did a windmill. 6 and 7 were agaist the bucks.
    8. In 99 T mac took off 2 feet in front of the free throw line and dunked on some white guy, the he rode him when the white guy feel to his knees.
    9. Barons dunk over KG in the open court.
    10. Wallace when he caught the alleyoop really far from the basket and dunked it on 2 sandwhiches.

16. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah I remember that dunk. That was downright nasty.

17. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

The block where Dream swatted KJ's dunk out of nowhere and sent KJ to the ground has to be one of the best blocks of all time.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

my fav is when clyde threw down a nasty fastbreak jam from the baseline while sean elliot was hanging all over him. it was incredible, i believe from the 95' playoffs but i'm not sure.

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

How about the best 5 blocks of all time?