1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels tweets he wants to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 2, 2017.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I refuse to believe KJ cannot match or exceed the intangibles that somehow Brewer brings to the court that causes KJ to not be an active contributor to the rotation.

I will never believe that this is even possible.

2. jdhi

jdhi Member

Maybe McDaniels will finally get on the floor if no other trades happen. Somebody has to back up Ariza from a defensive standpoint.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If nothing else it would appear he is a lock to play Thursday (barring being traded) because according to Calvin Watkins Lou Williams can't play on Thursday. You see, in 2017 it takes 2 days to take a physical.

I can take a physical and get the results in an hour, but NBA players need 48 hours.

topfive, DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  4. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I hope we trade KJ to a team that will play him and give him his opportunity. I think back to Philly may be his best bet, and maybe a good get for us to if they are willing.

D-rock likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

don't think this changes anything as far as KJ. He didn't play when brewer was here who was the 8-9 man off the bench and Lou is definitely taking over brewer's minutes + some. Now if some of these guys are going to miss some games which is likely due to rest etc then yeah he may be able to find minutes

D-rock likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Probably will be Dekker, Eric Gordon, and James Harden. I'll be surprised if D'Antoni expands his rotation. What this trade does is potentially lowers the minutes needed from Harden. Injuries are really KJ's only avenue to PT.

D-rock likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Believe in MDA, this cat can coach. Not going quibble with him about playing time, deserved or not, for end of bench player.

Especially not KJ. Instead of tweeting, kick some ace in practice and in the limited minutes he is getting. Play with passion and purpose, within the system. And for God's sake, get your head straight on D.

topfive likes this.
  8. RESINator

RESINator Member

He also tweeted support for a cop killer

9. Lightsnowaction

You maybe right, but the only reason KJ couldn't see minutes was because of Corey's intangibles. Plus, coach has no chose unless he wants to play Ariza 40 minutes again.

10. basketballholic

And that done him in with me. Get him out of here. The sooner the better.

RESINator and tbw914 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Intangibles isn't the main reason though. Rarely do you ever see a team go pass 9 deep unless its a blowout. Kj isn't the only player on the roster that can back up Ariza. It's basically a position less league right now. Bev, Harden, Ariza, EG, Lou, Dekker are all going to get the bulk of wing minutes in different combinations

D-rock likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No doubt the physical is taking longer because of Lou's multiple significant others:D

D-rock likes this.
  13. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I am certain Morey is trying to get ANYTHING he can for K.J.

14. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Do you also hate the people that defend cops that needlessly kill blacks?

Edit: Not defending K.J. Just making sure we're on the same page here.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

KJ might see the floor,

During the season we spoke constantly of Brewer being showcased for a trade.

Coincidentally, he was traded.

Perhaps he was actually being showcased like we were saying:)

16. basketballholic

I don't hate anybody. Just don't want to support anybody that hates and/or promotes violence and breaking the law.

Louka and Mav-Hater like this.
  17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Watch KJ still not be in the rotation lol

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

he probably won't unless someone is missing from the core rotation for whatever reason

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

And yet you adore Ricky Rubio, whose poor shooting breaks every known law of physics.

#99 topfive, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  20. basketballholic

Yes I do. If your want me to talk about Rubio we can go awhile. But I'm purposely not doing that other than to throw his name out there once in a while to troll you guys. Rubio is prolly going to the Knicks and they'll love him there. And He'll make both Melo and Kristaps very happy with his feeds.