1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. nobie

nobie Member

Maybe you should go to some third world ****hole were people dont share these values, since you would obviously fit right in just perfectly!

2. hakeemthagreat

Ehh. Give him a chance to apologize and move on

3. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

There is no absolute freedom of speech first of all. Incitement of violence is not protected.

Second of all, freedom of speech refers to government prosecution. It doesn't mean that he cannot be judged by the public and removed from his position.

4. alethios

alethios Member

Neither of them understand what the term martyr stands for - being one who is persecuted, punished, imprisoned or executed for siding with or expressing support for a religious belief or just cause found to be unacceptable, and who's punishment or death rallies more support for their cause.

You can't, in good conscience, call what the murderer did in taking the lives of 5 innocent human beings as having just cause or standing up for one's own beliefs.

If anything, the victims of this heinous act are more deserving of the martyr label.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nobody? Okay.

6. bmd

bmd Member

Why are you trying to make this about me? Both Dylann Roof and Micah Johnson are terrible people and I don't have words strong enough to express that. Anybody who supports either or feels sympathy for either is a terrible person, too.

7. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

PREACH!

Am I doing it right?

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You can't sympathize with the anger of the black community towards the cops? You really think that anger is just as spurious as the anger of the white nationalist community towards black people?

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I dont care

10. kevtse

kevtse Member

11. bmd

bmd Member

Of course I can sympathize. But if you let your anger with a handful of cops who have killed people cloud your logic to the point that you feel no sympathy when innocent cops are murdered in cold blood, then that is a problem with you.

12. dram1

dram1 Member

So is it OK to say, by way of freedom of speech, that the Orlando killer at the LGBT club was a martyr?

13. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I support KJ

14. awc713

awc713 Member

dude should be cut. objectively speaking. you flat out cannot endorse anyone that murders 5 people. it's honestly not debatable. cut him. can't have that in this organization, i don't care if JH tweeted it.

2 people like this.
  15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Block that turd. Anyone who can think like he does doesn't deserve your time. He is what is wrong with America today and your banter back and forth with him is not going to save him. He is fundamentally flawed and beyond saving at this point so stop feeding the troll!!

1 person likes this.
  16. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Another IDIOT to block today. Thanks for showing us who you really are!!

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Who's saying he doesn't have freedom of speech? But there are consequences for what you say or tweet. As a Rockets fan, I'd prefer that someone who expresses that kind of sentiment not be on the roster.

And I don't wanna hear any bullcrap about "nuance". There is no justification for what happened in Dallas. No moral equivalence between that and other shootings.

1 person likes this.
  18. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Honestly you make a really amazing point... If the rockets are really that PC and were willing to fire someone over that twitter post I honestly do not know how they could let something like this just go unnoticed...

19. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

Welp! There goes what little trade value he had left.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is what she wrote that KD said "preach" too

Obviously there is hate in her heart and people have to come to confront such hate. The question is do we condemn people who hate whether it's hate for cops or hate for minorities or whomever.

I am pretty shocked that KD would support such a statement - definitely what they said was obviously politically incorrect.

Just another dimension of the sadness of it all.